Thanks Thanks:  14
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: what is the different PUSCH and PUCCH RSSI ?

Member Reputation: 152

Default what is the different PUSCH and PUCCH RSSI ?

Hi,

What is the difference between PUCCH and PUSCH rssi

Bt
    Last edited by Mali_TR; 2016-10-29 at 11:30 AM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 18

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: what is the different PUSCH and PUCCH RSSI ?

hey Mehmet ,
    Are you still chasing this information ? PM to me your email.

cheers

VIP Member Reputation: 1787

if you want to share something, you may write in the post for all not PM. it may be helpful for us all.
    Auto_art Default PAS: london
    pl rate threads for their usefulnes
    share & care

5. Thanks gunpowder, consultant, electron, justdream thanked for this post

the issue is the relevant information pdf content belongs to the vendor and specific so it is against to forum rules to share, If there is no restriction I would share.

7. Thanks Mali_TR thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 470

Hi ozitech,
    Do you think that explanation for different PUSCH and PUCCH RSSI is vendor specific?
    Then, I am very interested to see definition from all technology vendors: Nokia, E///, Huawei, ZTE, Panasonic, Alcatel,... who else as vendor?
    And on the end, it is not necessary to share whole document.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Hi tpkj,
    Thank you for your kind advises appreciate it,l didnt think about it.
    if you still interested start Googling about Pusch and Pucch you will get tons of information
    also as you dont understand about vendor spesific documents, you should have a look at following site has best information.
    http://www.3gpp.org/component/itpgoo...search?q=Pucch
    Enjoy while you reading and digesting these informations.

Next time before sending the post just read yourself and think twice dont try to be smart...

10. Thanks Mali_TR thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 470

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Hi ozitech,

Honestly, I have never tried to be smart. I have learned a lot from this forum. A lot of good chaps help me here. I never met them, but I communicate with them respectfully. As I mentioned, is it not necessary to share whole document, you can copy and paste here, similar like this and a lot of people in this community can read and increase their knowledge.

RSSI on PUCCH and PUSCH means Effect of Closed Loop Power Control on the UL RSSI.
    The Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) in the uplink is also affected by the parameter settings that govern closed loop power control in LTE. Immediately after the UE completes an RRC connection with the eNodeB, the UE uses closed loop power control on both, the PUCCH and the PUSCH.

1. PUSCH
    The power control formula for the uplink for the PUSCH in LTE can be broken into five key parts.
    PUSCH.jpg
    The first part is the amount of additional power that is needed based on the size of the RB allocation.
    The higher the number of RBs, the higher the power that is required.

The second part is called P0. It is basically the assumed interference that the UE is expected to overcome.
    P0 is composed of two subcomponents. The first is called P0_Nominal_PUSCH and it is communicated over SIB2.
    It is valid for all UEs in the cell. The second component is called P0_UE_PUSCH and it is a UE-specific value.
    It is optional.

The third part of this equation is the Path Loss (PL) and the impact of the PL or Alpha. PL is just calculated, but the Alpha value communicated to the UE in SIB2. If the Alpha value is set to 1, then all of the PL needs to be taken into account in the power control formula. Some vendors might not allow you to change this value, though (as it is hardcoded).

The fourth part is an MCS-specific component. If the eNB wants the UE to adjust its power based on the MCS that is assigned, it will be taken into account here.

Lastly is the f(i) value, which is simply the closed-loop feedback. This is the additional power the UE will add to the transmission based on specific feedback by the eNB.
    Hence, for the PUSCH, two parameters affect the UE transmit power, and therefore, our UL RSSI:
    a) PO nominal_PUSCH
    b) Alpha.

2. PUCCH:
    The power control formula for the uplink for the PUCCH in LTE can be broken into four key parts.
    The first part is called P0. It is basically the assumed interference that the UE is expected to overcome.P0 is composed of two subcomponents.
    The first is called P0_Nominal_PUCCH and it is communicated over SIB2.
    It is valid for all UEs in the cell. The second component is called P0_UE_PUSCH and it is a UE-specific value. It is optional.

The second part of this equation is the Path Loss (PL) and the impact of the PL or Alpha (the same value used for the PUSCH
    See above-).

The third part is an MCS-specific component. If the eNB wants the UE to adjust its power based on the MCS that is assigned,
    it will be taken into account here.

Lastly is the f(i) value, which is simply the closed-loop feedback. This is the additional power the UE will add to the transmission based on specific feedback by the eNB. This
    value is different for each format type of the PUCCH. A different value is given to the UE in SIB2 for formats 1, 1a, 1b, 2, 2a and 2b.
    PUCCH.jpg
    Hence, the parameters that controls the transmit power in the PUCCH are:
    a) PO_nominal_PUCCH
    b) Alpha

The higher the value of PUCCH and the higher the value of PUSCH, the more power the UE will transmit, the better the UL BLER,
    the higher the throughput and the higher the UL SINR. However, in high capacity cell,
    this might not be true and the opposite effects might be encountered.
    Examples of such situations are: Airports, events, convention centers, etc.
    It is recommended to analyze the UL RSSI in these types of venues during high capacity scenarios and adjust accordingly.
    Bear in mind that the Alpha value affects both, the PUCCH and the PUSCH.

VIP Member Reputation: 1933

Just great!!!!! Slava121.
    BR Slava

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Copy and pasting doesnt work for me, I like to use my brain and asking questions myself.
    Your google browsing knowledge amazing. Congrats. Every single words has been copied.
    in this forum how many people working with scientific formula within their work environment ?
    everyone has an Browsing skills I beleive if you would like to be efficient just provide your information what you know what is your experience if you dont know you dont need to be copy and paste !!!

http://lteuniversity.com/utility/scr...AppType=Weblog

given formulas just in theory , can not be used in production environment.
    no of resource blocks 3GPP restricts the values that can be issued to UE for each PUSCH allocation. The following set is allowed: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 18, 20, 24, 25, 27, 30, 32, 36, 40, 45, 48, 50, 54, 60, 64, 72, 75, 80, 81, 90, 96, 100, and 108.
    calculating of DL-PathLoss
    PL : UE calculated downlink path loss based on value in SIB2 minus downlink Reference Signal Received Power (RSRP) measured by UE.
    you should extract the SIB2 > pdsch config common > referencesignalpower XXX get the value than
    apply the formula
    PL = Cell RSRP + reference Signal Power

TheMCS-dependent component of the transmit power setting can act like a power control command,
    as the MCS is under the direct control of the eNodeB scheduler:
    LTE Power control ~ 200Hz
    By changing the MCS which the UE has permission to transmit, the eNodeB can quickly apply an indirect adjustment to the UE’s transmit power spectral density via the MCS-dependent component of the transmit power setting.
    This may be done to take into account the instantaneous buffer status and QoS requirements of the UE.
    The MCS-dependent component can also be used to allow an element of frequencydependent power control.
    – by scheduling a low-rate MCS when the UE is granted permission to transmit in a particular part of the band, the eNodeB can dictate a low transmission power in those RBs.

Example:10MHz (max 48 PRBs)
    – pZeroNominalPusch = -96dBm/SB
    – Path loss = 115dB
    – UE transmission power = 23dBm (PHR will show UE is Tx power limited)
    – The total received UE power would be -92dBm (after path loss).
    – Noise and inteference be -120dBm/SB

With 48PRBs, the dBm/SB is
    – = -92dBm-10log(48)) = -108.8dBm/SB.
    – SINR= (-108.8) –(-120) = 11.2dB.

This is much lower than -96dBm/SB.

› To get -96dBm/SB, eNB would need to schedule only 2 PRBs, SINR would be 24dB.
    › 2 PRBs, with a maximum MCS of 24 will only give a TBS of 1064 bits, however 48 PRBs with a minimum MCS of 0 will give you a TBS of 1320 bits.
    › UL LA algorithm does a lot of calculations to work out the best # of PRBs / MCS combination when the UE is Tx power limited.

If UE is Tx power limited
    what should you do De/increase MCS? pZeroNominal target? De/increase the # of SB?

The scheduler's prioirty is to maximise throughput/TBS rather than ensuring the pZeroNominal power is met.
    So the scheduler may choose to drop the MCS and keep the PRBs high rather than reduce the number of PRBs in order to achieve max throughput,

Hope you understand.

14. Thanks tpkj, Mali_TR thanked for this post