Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 3D buildings

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default 3D buildings

Hi,

I am a service provider. I usually provide clutter and dem data to telecom industry. Usually I deliver data between 10m and 30m resolution. I would like to know what formats of data are you guys using for 3D data.

I have attached here some sample data in shape file format and KML format. I would appreciate it very much if you would let me know what you guys think about it. Thank you!

Link to data:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2M?usp=sharing

2. Thanks SRRFWIRELESS7 thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 1716 DANORM's Avatar

Default Re: 3D buildings

Hi

For Atoll it is used DHM for 3D and it is Asset index format (i am not sure).

It would be better if we can import your geo data in Mentum or in Atoll. Maybe your file can be imported in Atoll, i'll try later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clutter View Post
    Hi,

I am a service provider. I usually provide clutter and dem data to telecom industry. Usually I deliver data between 10m and 30m resolution. I would like to know what formats of data are you guys using for 3D data.

I have attached here some sample data in shape file format and KML format. I would appreciate it very much if you would let me know what you guys think about it. Thank you!

Link to data:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2M?usp=sharing

Member Reputation: 112

It is more like 2.5D data (polygon with one height).

You can convert it into msi planet format (together with your dem and clutter data). Or leave it as shape or mid-mif should be fine.

@DANCESTORM
    I check and Atoll says it can import shapefile format for 3D/2.5D data, but I know what you are saying with the DHM. DHM should be a digital elevation model which will contain also the buildings with their heights and this model will be delivered as a raster format (geotiff, bil, img etc). I do not know what formats Mentum accepts.

@billaugust
    yes it is true 2.5D data because the creation of true 3D data involves a lot a lot of work.

@billaugust & DANCESTORM
    thank you for your insights.
    If it not to much I would like to prepare some sample which I want to share with the forum after I finish them with the idea that this could bring also some paid work could you indicate which are most used geodata products for you guys and also indicate some geographical area where you would need these products.

Thank you a lot

VIP Member Reputation: 2736

I made a map for you on the clutter height . step 2m projection ETRS89 / UTM zone 32N (N-E) - EPSG:3044 - EPSG
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Thanks hamody2005 thanked for this post

I do not have access rights to your attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry28 View Post
    I made a map for you on the clutter height . step 2m projection ETRS89 / UTM zone 32N (N-E) - EPSG:3044 - EPSG

Arrow Re: 3D buildings

hi, atoll use 2 types of building heights,
    1. Vector (some propagation models like crosswave support this format to calculate outdoor to indoor calculation and vice versa. it is a simple shape or tab file containing 2 extra columns for AGL and ASL heights)
    2. Raster, Most of raster types are supported by atoll. but it is better to use some public format like ASC or Binary DEM, DSM and DHM.
    Last edited by Maysam; 2016-10-31 at 06:33 PM

VIP Member Reputation: 2736

Quote Originally Posted by clutter View Post
    I do not have access rights to your attachment.
    Link for external storage
    Clutter_Heights.zip

Atoll supports the following geographic data formats:
    DTM files in the following formats: TIF (8 or 16‑bit integer), BIL (8, 16 or 32‑bit integer, 32-bit float), Planet (16-bit integer), BMP (8‑bit integer), GRD Vertical Mapper (16-bit integer), and Erdas Imagine (8, 16 or 32‑bit integer, 32-bit float)

Clutter height files in the following formats: TIF (8 or 16‑bit integer), BIL (8, 16 or 32‑bit integer, 32-bit float), Planet (16-bit integer), BMP (8‑bit integer), GRD Vertical Mapper (16-bit integer), and Erdas Imagine (8, 16 or 32‑bit integer, 32-bit float)

Clutter class and traffic files in the following formats: TIF (8‑bit), BIL (8‑bit), IST (8‑bit), BMP (8‑bit), Planet, GRC Vertical Mapper (8-bit), and Erdas Imagine (8‑bit)

Vector data files in the following formats: AGD, DXF, Planet, SHP, MIF, and TAB.

Vector traffic files in the following formats: AGD, DXF, Planet, SHP, MIF, and TAB.

Scanned image files in the following formats: TIF (1 to 24‑bit), JPEG (1 to 24‑bit), JPEG 2000 (1 to 24‑bit), BIL (1 to 24‑bit), IST (1 to 24‑bit), BMP (1 to 24‑bit), Planet, Erdas Imagine (1 to 24‑bit), GRC Vertical Mapper (1 to 24‑bit), and ECW (8 or 24‑bit)

Population files in the following formats: TIF (16‑bit), BIL (16‑bit), IST (16‑bit), Planet, BMP (16‑bit), Erdas Imagine (16‑bit), GRD/GRC Vertical Mapper (16‑bit), AGD, DXF, SHP, MIF, and TAB.

Geoclimatic files in the following formats: AGD, DXF, SHP, MIF, and TAB.

Other data in the following formats: TIF (16‑bit), BIL (16‑bit), IST (16‑bit), Planet, BMP (16‑bit), Erdas Imagine (16‑bit), GRD/GRC Vertical Mapper (16‑bit), AGD, DXF, SHP, MIF, and TAB.
    Last edited by dmitry28; 2016-10-31 at 07:17 PM

12. Thanks dekili thanked for this post

hello,

Tehran geo-data at above link.

Please check the data and let me know what you guys think about it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mc?usp=sharing

Senior Member Reputation: 590

Trying to create a population map for Atoll but failing hard at statistics where it calculates more people than normal.
    I have villages/cities coordinates(lat/long) and exact population but doesn't give the correct number of people.

Any idea?

B/R
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE