Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio counter

Member Reputation: 19

Default pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio counter

Hi

I found a nodeB in my network which counter pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio is pegged
    this counter relate to code shortage due to hardware shortage and E// recommend add more hadware resource.
    I quoted some inf relate to this counter from Alex as below:

"With the pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio counter it is also possible to see if the dynamic code allocation algorithm is limited, not by the code tree but by hardware shortage. This is an indication of that RBS hardware addition is beneficial"

"pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio
    Counter for number of code shortage occurrences.
    The number of codes that can be dynamically allocated for HS-PDSCH is limited by hardware resources. If dynamic code allocation is turned on (attribute RbsLocalCell::featureStateHsdpaDynamicCodeAllocation = ACTIVATED), codes not used by DCH traffic is allocated for HS-PDSCH. The maximum number of HS-PDSCH codes possible to allocate is set by attribute RbsLocalCell::maxNumHsPdschCodes.
    NOTE: Priority resolve can be entered in cells where there is no traffic at all, as long as MAC-hs is set up.
    Counter type: Peg
    Counter is reset after measurement interval: Yes
    Condition: Dynamic code allocation runs every second and if the algorithm tries to allocate more codes for HS-PDSCH than supported by the hardware, due to too high value of RbsLocalCell::maxNumHsPdschCodes, priority resolve is entered and the counter is pegged. The counter is pegged every second as long as the hardware resource shortage situation remains. HS-FACH is not applicable to this counter and HS-FACH transmissions do consequently not trigger the stepping of this counter.
    Undefined value: -1"

this nodeB include 6 cell, 3 sectors. Configuration as below:
    E// vendor, version 14B
    Tx board are TX6HS-04(HSTX45-384CE): numHsCodeResources =3, numEulResources=0
    and TX6HS-06(HSTX60-384CE): numHsCodeResources =3, numEulResources=1
    steered allocation : false
    maxNumHsPdschCodes = 15
    featureStateHsdpaDynamicCodeAllocation ACTIVATED
    maxNumHsdpaUsers 64
    maxNumEulUsers 32
    multi carrier is enabled

Based on my knowledge this is enough processing resource/harware resource to allocate 15 HS-DSCH code but it make me confuse when pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio still pegged?
    am i correct or misunderstand something? could you tell me why pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio is pegged in my case?

Thank u so much

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 473

Default Re: pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio counter

Quote Originally Posted by nhake View Post

Hi

I found a nodeB in my network which counter pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio is pegged
    this counter relate to code shortage due to hardware shortage and E// recommend add more hadware resource.
    I quoted some inf relate to this counter from Alex as below:

"With the pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio counter it is also possible to see if the dynamic code allocation algorithm is limited, not by the code tree but by hardware shortage. This is an indication of that RBS hardware addition is beneficial"

"pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio
    Counter for number of code shortage occurrences.
    The number of codes that can be dynamically allocated for HS-PDSCH is limited by hardware resources. If dynamic code allocation is turned on (attribute RbsLocalCell::featureStateHsdpaDynamicCodeAllocation = ACTIVATED), codes not used by DCH traffic is allocated for HS-PDSCH. The maximum number of HS-PDSCH codes possible to allocate is set by attribute RbsLocalCell::maxNumHsPdschCodes.
    NOTE: Priority resolve can be entered in cells where there is no traffic at all, as long as MAC-hs is set up.
    Counter type: Peg
    Counter is reset after measurement interval: Yes
    Condition: Dynamic code allocation runs every second and if the algorithm tries to allocate more codes for HS-PDSCH than supported by the hardware, due to too high value of RbsLocalCell::maxNumHsPdschCodes, priority resolve is entered and the counter is pegged. The counter is pegged every second as long as the hardware resource shortage situation remains. HS-FACH is not applicable to this counter and HS-FACH transmissions do consequently not trigger the stepping of this counter.
    Undefined value: -1"

this nodeB include 6 cell, 3 sectors. Configuration as below:
    E// vendor, version 14B
    Tx board are TX6HS-04(HSTX45-384CE): numHsCodeResources =3, numEulResources=0
    and TX6HS-06(HSTX60-384CE): numHsCodeResources =3, numEulResources=1
    steered allocation : false
    maxNumHsPdschCodes = 15
    featureStateHsdpaDynamicCodeAllocation ACTIVATED
    maxNumHsdpaUsers 64
    maxNumEulUsers 32
    multi carrier is enabled

Based on my knowledge this is enough processing resource/harware resource to allocate 15 HS-DSCH code but it make me confuse when pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio still pegged?
    am i correct or misunderstand something? could you tell me why pmRbsHsPdschCodePrio is pegged in my case?

Thank u so much
    Hi,

Have you tried to restart the site . Based on provided configuration this counter should not peg. Let's initially give a cold restart to the site and observe the result.

Cheers