Thanks Thanks:  4
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Clutter Heights in Atoll

VIP Member Reputation: 1716 DANORM's Avatar

Default Clutter Heights in Atoll

Hello

My question is about Clutter Heights in Atoll:

So i have only clutter classes and terrain model files. If we don't have clutter height file, we can change heights in the properties of clutter classes (as also mentioned in the manual). Unfortunately changing heights is not working using standard propagation model. It does not recognize the height of the clutters. On the other hand it is possible in the Mentum Planet. I don't understand if I'm doing something wrong or it's impossible in the Atoll?

Thanks
    BR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 270

Default Re: Clutter Heights in Atoll

Having no med, I didn't tried Mentum Planet yet and didn't understand what's your question exactly.
    But I think you want to change the height of the receiver on different clutters. Thus, in addition to changing the clutter height, you should set the receiver on the clutter parameter at Standard Propagation Model Properties, Clutter tab, Clutter taken into account (default value is no)
    Hope I understand you well
    BR

I mean changing clutter height here:

2016-08-28_12-18-40.jpg

But when i change heights here it does not make any changes in prediction.

There is already selected in the model config:

2016-08-28_12-20-59.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mohsenJaz View Post
    Having no med, I didn't tried Mentum Planet yet and didn't understand what's your question exactly.
    But I think you want to change the height of the receiver on different clutters. Thus, in addition to changing the clutter height, you should set the receiver on the clutter parameter at Standard Propagation Model Properties, Clutter tab, Clutter taken into account (default value is no)
    Hope I understand you well
    BR

Dear friend,

Using point analysis tool (in profile view), changing clutter height, affects the result (signal level, path loss and total loss), however the results obtained in other views and all predictions never change when varying clutter height.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    I'm really confused! Did you have any progress?

BR

In the point analysis view, I see the changes when i change the heights in the clutter properties. But why it does not consider in prediction that a issue

So you also did pre and post changes and same result yes?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DANCESTORM View Post
    In the point analysis view, I see the changes when i change the heights in the clutter properties. But why it does not consider in prediction that a issue

So you also did pre and post changes and same result yes?
    Yeah, same result. But there are two points:
    1. Each time you make a prediction, it's locked.
    2. If clutter class heights are modified, you must recalculate path loss matrices by clicking Force Calculation, to apply the changes to any predictions and simulations. (You can see Defining Clutter Class Properties in Atoll help). By clicking Calculation, changes won't apply.
    But Force Calculation only calculates unlocked predictions. So, first you should unlock the prediction and then click Force Calculation. Now you can see it works properly and changing clutter heights affect the prediction
    Hope you find it helpful and add to my reputation.

BR

8. Thanks DANORM thanked for this post

It's working now. Perfect

Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by mohsenJaz View Post
    Yeah, same result. But there are two points:
    1. Each time you make a prediction, it's locked.
    2. If clutter class heights are modified, you must recalculate path loss matrices by clicking Force Calculation, to apply the changes to any predictions and simulations. (You can see Defining Clutter Class Properties in Atoll help). By clicking Calculation, changes won't apply.
    But Force Calculation only calculates unlocked predictions. So, first you should unlock the prediction and then click Force Calculation. Now you can see it works properly and changing clutter heights affect the prediction
    Hope you find it helpful and add to my reputation.

BR

10. Thanks mohsenJaz, Anastasiya, pathloss thanked for this post