Thanks Thanks:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: E// E******* Macro (Excel) to Extract Parameters from 3G XML dump file (Bulk CM)

Member Reputation: 199

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default E// E******* Macro (Excel) to Extract Parameters from 3G XML dump file (Bulk CM)

Hello dears,
    Does anybody here knows where can i find a parser to extract parameters from E******* 3G XML dump (Bulk CM), and export it to Excel spreadsheet?

I have excel macros that do the job for:
    • Nokia 2G/3G/4G XML
    • Huawei 2G/3G CFGMML
    • Huawei 3G/4G XML
    • E******* 2G Cnaiv2 TXT

Now, i really need the macro to process E******* 3G XML (raw dump file).

I have one, but it's not "optimized", and take hours to process one RNC.

While I am struggling to find a good code (fast), maybe some of you has already developed some kind of similar tool (macro).

If so, please share/contact?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 95

Default Re: E// E******* Macro (Excel) to Extract Parameters from 3G XML dump file (Bulk CM)

you can use NEPA Tool shared on forum

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Default Re: E// E******* Macro (Excel) to Extract Parameters from 3G XML dump file (Bulk CM)

Quote Originally Posted by leopedrini View Post
    Hello dears,
    Does anybody here knows where can i find a parser to extract parameters from E******* 3G XML dump (Bulk CM), and export it to Excel spreadsheet?

• Nokia 2G/3G/4G XML
    • Huawei 2G/3G CFGMML
    • Huawei 3G/4G XML
    • E******* 2G Cnaiv2 TXT

While I am struggling to find a good code (fast), maybe some of you has already developed some kind of similar tool (macro).

Use NEPA but need to ask license from person who post in forum.

It is possible to share your macros ?

BR
    RF engineer

Moderator Reputation: 473

Hello dears,

• Nokia 2G/3G/4G XML
    • Huawei 2G/3G CFGMML
    • Huawei 3G/4G XML
    • E******* 2G Cnaiv2 TXT

Hi Leo,

U can use Nexplorer for your purpose .

Cheers

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gunpowder View Post
    you can use NEPA Tool shared on forum
    Quote Originally Posted by electron View Post
    Hi Leo, U can use Nexplorer for your purpose. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by RF engineer View Post
    Use NEPA but need to ask license from person who post in forum. It is possible to share your macros? BR
    Thank you all.

For Nepa in the forum, i think it is a good tool (i use it). But i prefer to keep on the 'road' to have Excel/Access macros totally customizable.

There are some 'problems' that nepa doesn't 'fix', for example, when MO has more than 256 fields, be in Huawei CFGMML or E******* 4G XML.
    And also some minor bugs that i have found in Nepa Export, for example for Nokia, when comparing XML (that has a number of fields) and the output (with less fields).

But again: nepa is good, and i plan to have something like it.

But i have other plans, including a Baseline macro, that are ready (working), and is based on ALL vendors (2G-3G-4G) tables (MOs).

SO, if i happen to develop the latest macro in the set (parser for E******* XML) in VBA, i'll be able to have great Audits and Baseline already done.

I'll let you know when i find a solution.

(I've tried XMLDom, but now i am going to the 'string parse' because i can manipulate the XML file to get the desired output).

About share the tools, yes, i will do it when i finish.
    If i do so now, probably a lot of people will be asking me for some kind of support - and i don't have this time, i rather be working on VBA code.

Note that i am not a VBA expert, nor even a good programmer - i just try to find 'workarounds' to get things done.

BR,
    Leo

Hello dears,

• Nokia 2G/3G/4G XML
    • Huawei 2G/3G CFGMML
    • Huawei 3G/4G XML
    • E******* 2G Cnaiv2 TXT

Update: When i have all macros working, i will share it ALL, as well as Audits & Baseline macros.
    So, if anyone wants to help, it will be much appreciated.

8. Thanks dacoder, gunpowder thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 24

Dears

You may use E/// TEI or instead of extracting XML, try to command kget instead, much better for large amount of rnc extract data

Regards

br//juan/rf
    Hello dears,

• Nokia 2G/3G/4G XML
    • Huawei 2G/3G CFGMML
    • Huawei 3G/4G XML
    • E******* 2G Cnaiv2 TXT

Hello Juan.

Yes, we can use E/// TEI to process the XML;
    Or as you suggest, use kget command instead (that you told is much better for large amount of rnc extract data).

The point here is that we want to have 'independent' parsers, i mean - if you receive an XML file from somebody, you can process it.

For the first option (TEI), it use to be NOT AVAILABLE to most operators;
    And for kget, although you have less data, by using the XML you have ALL data, and it is much better to do other audits/baseline/etc...

Since last week i didn't receive any macro to process E/// XML, so i think this task is really difficulty.

I'll try to find some free time, and create a parser from scratch.

As all my macros uses Access, i am thinking about changing the XML structure in a way that Access can read it*.

* If you read (import) a raw E******* XML into Access database, it shows almost all tables. Only some fields are wrong - the ones that have a second level. But i think i am delving too much here, maybe we can discuss if there is some other people interested in the package.

I'll keep my work, and let you know if (and when) i find a solution.

BR,
    Leo

11. Thanks electron thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 30

Hi Leo,

Meanwhile Can you share Nokia XML Macros. That would be good use for me. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAM View Post
    Hi Leo,

Meanwhile Can you share Nokia XML Macros. That would be good use for me. Thanks in advance

I would like to share it ALL only when i have it ALL.

If i do so, probably i'll receive a lot of questions, support, etc... Trust me, even if you say you'll not, when you try to run, and have a small problem, you'll ask me. And so will do EVERYONE.

So: when i find and/or develop my E******* Macro, i will share it all, as i will have time to answer for that kind of question (that for sure will have, because we have different OS, different Office versions, etc).

Hope you understand.