Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cell Utilization over 400%

Member Reputation: 666

Default Cell Utilization over 400%

Hi All,
    I am having a cell with 400% utilization ( Equipped erl/ Carried) considering 2% GoS with no blocking.
    I have tried to check the utilization with 10% GoS, utilization is still over 200%. Wondering if the traffic figure is correct or collected traffic is wrong. Can anyone assist to understand?

Best Regards

CA
    Last edited by ChristopherAlbertini; 2016-04-07 at 10:27 PM

2. Thanks Ghost78 thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 473

Default Re: Cell Utilization over 400%

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherAlbertini View Post
    Hi All,
    I am having a cell with 400% utilization ( Equipped erl/ Carried) considering 2% GoS with no blocking.
    I have tried to check the utilization with 10% GoS, utilization is still over 200%. Wondering if the traffic figure is correct or collected traffic is wrong. Can anyone assist to understand?

Best Regards

CA
    Hi,

If you considered PS service in your carrier erlang it may not show you hard blocking. It might be one of the reasons.

Cheers

Member Reputation: 192

Hi;

Give your cell configuration, TRX number, SD cannels, CCCH channels, FPDCH and SPDCH, and the ammount of carried traffic in BH; I will do the calculation from my side.

B.R

Member Reputation: 38

yes bro, this can happen in reality if the cell is highly optimized, it will carry many more time the rated 2% GOS traffic, this probably means the cell is using a TCH/AMR halfrate setting of 0 or 1 and can be commonly seen in cells of 4 TRX's or less. its not a too much of a problem as long as there is minimal TCH or SDCCH cong in the cell. try ans see if the number of TRX's on the cell can be expanded in order to improve cell kpi's and user experience.

Member Reputation: 125

You should calculated from both Full Rate and Haftrate and AMR to get more cell capacity...
    Could you pls share your Cell utilization about GPRS ?
    Last edited by bluep; 2016-04-15 at 11:04 AM