Thanks Thanks:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Multi-Carrier Aggregation in wireless transport

Member Reputation: 18

Default Multi-Carrier Aggregation in wireless transport

a topic all wireless transport vendors are talking about.
    here is what Alcatel-Lucent (now NOKIA) presented yesterday in a public webinr

https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/6..._content=title

2. Thanks Stantheman, rkdrkd thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 153

Default Re: Multi-Carrier Aggregation in wireless transport

it seems that also ALU is working on a e-Band + STD Freq aggregated solution.(or dual std-frequency low-high)

i dont believe in such solution because it (IMHO) is too "expensive":1x IDU,2xODU (probably 1xODU Full Outdoor) and two antennas.
    i dont think that mobile operator will accept such model (as per LOS MIMO 4x4: 4xODU , 4xantennas)
    But what if it could be possible to have a single antennas-dual feeder? such innovation could be capable to drive that solution toward a 1+1 integrated more sustainable model?

we have also Huawei here with superdual band

http://www.huawei.com/en/news/2016/3...ve-field-trial

6. Thanks justdream, Stantheman thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 101

What's about attenuation on these Higher frequencies which would use it as an aggregated Band ?

Traffic with high QoS has Always high availibilty
    The link benefit for 99-99.9% of time of an high aggregated throughut : Eband+StdFreq bandwidth available (let's say 2.5Gbps+600mbps)

during the "down" of Eband still the hig QoS traffic can be transported on standard freqeuncy carrier

eric.jpg
    i suggest you smartyouth92 to read
    E******* Technology Review – Microwave backhaul gets a boost with multiband

a smart solution anyway should be comply to 3 points IMHO :
    - Aggregation Must be at L1 level (between Eband and Std Frequency carriers)
    - During the Eband "down" , the system must assure hitless/loosless switch to E-BAND carrier ->standard frequency carrier
    - Better to use a single antenna (in case it exists) to reduce cost of installation and overall cost of the system

i m not sure that huawei solution (proposed to Cosmote), at the moment, does compliant to this 3 statements
    as other competitors solution i heard about

the solution can be provided with different twins-carrier frequency according different scenario-hop-length

- 18GHz-42GHz (Carrier1) + Eband (Carrier 2)
    - 18GHz-42GHz (Carrier1) + 6-15Ghz(Carrier 2)
    and maybe also
    - Eband (Carrier 1) + 6-13GHz (Carrier 2)
    Last edited by simog72; 2016-03-13 at 05:12 AM

9. Thanks smartyouth92, Stantheman thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by simog72 View Post
    The link benefit for 99-99.9% of time of an high aggregated throughut : Eband+StdFreq bandwidth available (let's say 2.5Gbps+600mbps)

during the "down" of Eband still the hig QoS traffic can be transported on standard freqeuncy carrier

eric.jpg

- During the Eband "down" , the system must assure hitless/loosless switch to E-BAND carrier ->standard frequency carrier
    - Better to use a single antenna (in case it exists) to reduce cost of installation and overall cost of the system

i m not sure that huawei solution (proposed to Cosmote), at the moment, does compliant to this 3 statements

the solution can be provided with different twins-carrier frequency according different scenario-hop-length

and maybe also
    Thanks for explanation ,I will read the E**** articles for better realization

Member Reputation: 83

Quote Originally Posted by simog72 View Post

eric.jpg

and maybe also
    If I understand well, we talk about a full outdoor product supporting simultaneously Eband frequency and microwave (e.g. 18GHz) frequency? Do you have data sheet for such products?

the system today showed applicability for trials/demos as a split Mount hardware (Huawei, ERCS, SIAE) :
    scenario 1) eband + std frequency --->tipically IDU+FO+ODU
    scenario 2) std frequency1 + std frequency2---->tipically IDU+ODU+ODU

It is not so clear who is able to LAG in L1 each carrier today.

Anyway the model can be replicated in a smarter(& cheaper) way using Full outdoors .

Expecially the MW providers with a Fulloudoor multicarrier single ODU in portfolio (Ceragon IP20C, SIAE ALFOplus2 and Roadmap ERICSSN ML 6354)
    are probably studing on a super integrated solution.( single ODU - dual frequency)
    I can also immagine that a MW Providers who has internal production of RF parts/transceivers has big advantage today on that technology.

It is quite sure that for std+Eband (scenario 1) , the split Mount is the only possible way to implement easly today.

Maybe a smart antenna (dual feeder, single parabolic) is the step very needed to introduce that systems into a real applicability field (for Mobile ops).
    what do u think Akrab?(asap i will ask to some antenna expert eg. Kathrein/FAINI, RFS, ANDW etc)

for datasheet :i dont think is important to have datasheet to undestand the system perfromance/behaviours
    Due to the fact that such systems are a "composition" of two existing RF chains, we can infer the performance on other available datasheets basis.

what u are intresting to know about the performance? (what u are searching in a that datasheet)
    being now only demo/trial time , it is not the right time of datasheet!
    Last edited by simog72; 2016-03-16 at 11:19 PM Reason: gram

Member Reputation: 83

See attached for information about the Huawei Super Dual band solution.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ankarb; 2016-03-31 at 09:15 PM

14. Thanks Cepillo, justdream, lteexpert thanked for this post

as you can see Huawei is limiting the vision to EBAND + STD-freq.
    ERICSS ON is going deeply proposing also a different frequencies range coupling/LAGing

Huawei solution seems also to suggest to route high priority service only in std freqs path (as it's reported in the second picture)

A smarter approach is a dinamic allocations of services but in this case you need to plan a hitless re-routing
    it doesn seems huawei is able to offer hitless path change

thx for sharing
    Last edited by simog72; 2016-04-01 at 02:05 AM
    **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
    64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
    READY.