Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mapping clutter classes and reprojection

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Mapping clutter classes and reprojection

Hi everyone,

I have a special type of clutter which has over 250 classes. what i want to do is to reduce the number of classes. the idea is to map multiple classes to one class for example, classes numbered 10,11 12,13,14 and 15 to one class, lets say 10 because these classes are similar. This is because ATOLL only supports 256 classes.

I also have to reproject the data to UTM format as ATOLL only imports UTM format. Does someone know how to go around this? for this purpose i have tried to use global mapper but it doesnt help much except changing the projections to UTM.
    i believe i need to write a script to perform the mapping.

I think i could have done the same in vertical mapper that comes with mapinfo but i dont have access to vertical mapper. i do have mapinfo though.

ArcGis is the only alternative but i am not sure how that software works . i have a 60 day trial license.

I am sharing the location of the files. Please help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uzu9meywh...TGXsdy53a?dl=0

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: Mapping clutter classes and reprojection

Quote Originally Posted by saran28 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a special type of clutter which has over 250 classes. what i want to do is to reduce the number of classes. the idea is to map multiple classes to one class for example, classes numbered 10,11 12,13,14 and 15 to one class, lets say 10 because these classes are similar. This is because ATOLL only supports 256 classes.

I also have to reproject the data to UTM format as ATOLL only imports UTM format. Does someone know how to go around this? for this purpose i have tried to use global mapper but it doesnt help much except changing the projections to UTM.
    i believe i need to write a script to perform the mapping.

ArcGis is the only alternative but i am not sure how that software works . i have a 60 day trial license.
    in arcgis you can make some query to automate regrouping your class, I will take a look your data

for projection, in arcgis, you can access arctoolbox to get project tool and you can swap your projection for one to another, its simple task actually , ehehehe

EDIT : I cant download from dropbox without register, , can you reupload to another file sharing
    Last edited by lordi; 2016-01-29 at 03:28 PM