Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can i reset DBS3900 lost password on BMPT card without loosing current configuration?

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Question Can i reset DBS3900 lost password on BMPT card without loosing current configuration?

Dear everyone, I hope you all doing Well, Can i reset DBS3900 lost password on BMPT card without loosing its current configuration?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 25

Default Re: Can i reset DBS3900 lost password on BMPT card without loosing current configurat

hello:
    in our network we dont have BMPT, we use the BSC6910 so all our sites have the UMPT.
    For security issues we use to change the GSM BTS password regularly and in all network at once, so I think it will be the same in your case.
    No impact at all.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: Can i reset DBS3900 lost password on BMPT card without loosing current configurat

Quote Originally Posted by javierinfante View Post
    hello:
    in our network we dont have BMPT, we use the BSC6910 so all our sites have the UMPT.
    For security issues we use to change the GSM BTS password regularly and in all network at once, so I think it will be the same in your case.
    No impact at all.
    Regardless of the fact that you mentioned that I can upload new configuration file remotely to any BTS i want,

This issue is different, because the bbu was working as a Wimax BS since 3 years ago, in addition that i wanted to see if huawei -in any way- have a procedure of resetting password without loosing configurations if you "Physically" access there hardware -like Cisco, Wichorus or some other Linux based IOS-.