Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: E// LIMITATION in Converting TDM Mode to SCM Mode RBS in BSC side ???

Member Reputation: 73

Question E// LIMITATION in Converting TDM Mode to SCM Mode RBS in BSC side ???

Hi to All,

I hope you are all well.

I have network for E******* BSCs, with existing RBS6000 & 2000 Cabinet.

Also a mixed TDM mode and SCM Mode Type of RBS in our network.

My Concerns, IF I WILL CONVERT ALL REMAINING TDM Mode RBS into SCM Type, Is there a Parameters/License/Capacities Issues that I must be crosschecked first or prerequisite hardware?

Is there a limitations for my BSCs or is there only a number of SCM Mode RBS in a BSCs regards to license?

My BSC is APZ212_60/APG43, with BSS_G12 Level in our network.

thank you all, for your usual support

and more power to finetopix

regards//

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 24

Default Re: E// LIMITATION in Converting TDM Mode to SCM Mode RBS in BSC side ???

Quote Originally Posted by jndomingo View Post
    Hi to All,

I hope you are all well.

I have network for E******* BSCs, with existing RBS6000 & 2000 Cabinet.

Also a mixed TDM mode and SCM Mode Type of RBS in our network.

My Concerns, IF I WILL CONVERT ALL REMAINING TDM Mode RBS into SCM Type, Is there a Parameters/License/Capacities Issues that I must be crosschecked first or prerequisite hardware?

Is there a limitations for my BSCs or is there only a number of SCM Mode RBS in a BSCs regards to license?

My BSC is APZ212_60/APG43, with BSS_G12 Level in our network.

thank you all, for your usual support

and more power to finetopix

regards//
    Manong Jhong

On how to compute numbers of RBS allowed to use SCM Mode, there is a dimensioning. You should know how many Packet Gateway (PGW) and how many are IP site, because the number of RBS which is in SCM and Abis over IP are sites riding in PGW.

There are also factors to consider why TDM and why SCM is preferred, not just because 12TRX can be squeeze over SCM Mode. TDM gives significant bandwidth savings on the Abis interface. SCM is dimensioned based on the number of TRX's and the traffic mix. For SCM, 1xE1 or a fraction of one E1, where 64 kbit/s consecutive Abis timeslots are used as a wideband connection for sending LAPD frames. Up to 31 for E1 can be used, but it is not possible to have more than 1 SC per port in a TG. One TG can communicate via one up to four super channels.

What we have done before from my previous operator is we allocate 2xE1 for sites that is configured 4+4+4 (>10TRX) to maintain it in TDM mode. But for sites who does not have available spare in TX we introduced SCM with IPM ON.

You may consult your BSS Access Planning team also on how they dimension it for further info :-)

Regards//RF/Juan

4. Thanks jndomingo thanked for this post