Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Huawei ANR

Member Reputation: 25

Default Huawei ANR

Hello I need advice from ANR experts:
    In my network we use ANR in LTE, but I have found that the behavior is quite strange, some time the enodeb has neighbor relation with sites that are very far for the mobile to be able to perform a handover, so which is the policy inside ANR to add that neighbor?, I have red somewhere that it is based in the measurements taken from the mobiles but it can be because some sites are more than 20km far from the serving cell.
    Is there any relation between the enodeb IP and the way ANR add neighbor??, if the enodeb and the neighbour are in the same subnet for example..
    Also Many times I found that there are many X2 link interface alarms, but if I delete the X2 faulty link interface it will be automatically created again and it will became faulty again.
    If I delete all X2 interfaces in a enodeb will the handover work automatically via the S1 interface or should I have to perform some manual commands??

How can I modify the way ANR manage the neighbor cells??
    How can I reduce the ammount of neighbor cells??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 1106

Default Re: Huawei ANR

IF Huawei Vendor for ANR of LTE work not well right now will be good on RAN10. problem same as you are facing, overshooting cells will add because ANR work prefer to measurements by UE, and make alot problem on CSFB also (because ANR cannot provide neighbor LTE with UMTS by BlindHO prority)
    We can share knowledge to all guy join with Wire Free Alliance.

Many Thank,

Best regards,

TEMS_Engineer

4. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 491

Dears,

Do you have proper "optimized" parameters settings to have ANR working properly for adding & removing Neighbours

Member Reputation: 30

Did you try tune your ANR?
    For example you can try use Black&White Lists for unnesesary cells/HO and etc. (NCELLPLMNLIST)
    Try rum feature "Neighbor Relationship Classification" (NCELLRANKINGSWITCH/NCELLCLASSMGTSW)
    Try tune X2SONDELETETIMER to smaler value? and your "old" x2Links must deletet automaticaly/ Try turn ON this X2BASEDUPTENODEBCFGSWITCH
    For best CSFB try look at UTRANLOADTRANSCHAN

7. Thanks justdream, khurrambilal01 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 491

Dears,
    any experience please with Huawei UMTS/GSM ANR?

Member Reputation: 21

Dear are you found some results when you change this parameter? what parameter are you change, because I want to reduce the total amount of neighbors too far away

Member Reputation: 25

hello:
    If you want to reduce the amount of neighbor cells, the best way is to do it manually, create a script to remove the X2 interfaces to the desired cells.
    I have tried all options and at the end the best was remove unwanted X2, remember that you have to delete the SCTP PEER, otherwise if you only delete the X2 interface the ANR will add the X2 again .