Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Handover failure

Member Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Thanks Triple-x but this handover failure leds to call drop, so I wan tto know which cell the mobile tried to hand to it (using TEMS)
    What I was trying to say is, not to be focused on only drive test but look also the cell statistic from the BSC. I saw many organizations don't really know how to judge the network quality, they do a lot of drive tests, putting so much effort on it but neglecting the importance of the statistic. Bear in mind that most of the customers don't do the same with what you're doing in drive test, going here and there, turning left-right etc. most of the customers are in stationary position and this is the main contributors of your network.

Member Reputation: 54

IF you use Tems,
    Look under messages reports in layer3 > Events > Ctrl+F (faind events).
    So it is possible to search for any event.

Member Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Guys, les amis

I noticed during one of my drive tests that I get handover failure but the call didn’t drop…..how come we got handover failure and the call didn’t drop?

Please explain to me as I’m newbie in optimization
    Thanks a lot
    this is what we call HO faillure with reversion to old channel

VIP Member Reputation: 571

hi
    I guess so there are neighbours with the same bsic bcch ,the mean raison to have Ho failure ,i mean when ms try to make Ho to target cell ,this target cell is not the same cell that mobile sent measurement report about it to bsc ,and bsc can't know wich cell ,it use as reference bcch and bsic,so bsc send to ms wrong setting.

br hassen

Member Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by hassen View Post
    hi
    I guess so there are neighbours with the same bsic bcch ,the mean raison to have Ho failure ,i mean when ms try to make Ho to target cell ,this target cell is not the same cell that mobile sent measurement report about it to bsc ,and bsc can't know wich cell ,it use as reference bcch and bsic,so bsc send to ms wrong setting.

br hassen
    this will not result in old channel reversion but only to HO fail and call drop

Quote Originally Posted by ghassen View Post
    this will not result in old channel reversion but only to HO fail and call drop
    ok

call drop due to what!

br hassen

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Because there was many server and although you had handover failure the handover did it at other cell.

Moderator Reputation: 473

One reason of HO fail is feeder cross connection When you are into main lobe of antenna pattern you will see HO fail

Another reason is the neighbor cell that MS going to hand over to that has TCH congestion

I suggest to you find the reason of HO fail during your DT.I mean,why MS wants to make HO?(what is the reason of HO decision?)

BR
    Reza

Quote Originally Posted by electron View Post
    One reason of HO fail is feeder cross connection When you are into main lobe of antenna pattern you will see HO fail

Another reason is the neighbor cell that MS going to hand over to that has TCH congestion

I suggest to you find the reason of HO fail during your DT.I mean,why MS wants to make HO?(what is the reason of HO decision?)

BR
    Reza
    hi my friend

i am agree with you about cross feeder that can cause ho fail but about the raison tch cong i am not sure because after ho decision bsc has assigned a tch to Ms.

br hassen

Member Reputation: 914

u should différenciate between :

- HO Fail préparation phase (before tch assignement)
    - HO Fail execution phase