Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Huawei 3G Neighbor Problem

Member Reputation: 88

Default Huawei 3G Neighbor Problem

Hi experts,

I have a question about Huawei 3G neighborlist.

UE starts a call on a cell, during some problems UE wants to handover another cell. Lets name this cell as Cell-A and name this cell's co-cell as Cell-B.
    Cell-B is measuring as Detected Neighbor (Cell-B altough defined as neigbor to Cell-A) and its not in first 32 Nei.

Did you ever faced a problem like this and if yes, what is the problem and solution?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 368

Default Re: Huawei 3G Neighbor Problem

Which DT software were you using? Did you check the INTERFREHOCOV parameters? How many neighbors defined in the cell (>32).Try adding a CIO to the relation to see whether the HO is initiated.Try putting a trace & observe the MR reports.
    Add me Rep to become a Senior Member :)

Member Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by tharinduwije View Post
    Which DT software were you using? Did you check the INTERFREHOCOV parameters? How many neighbors defined in the cell (>32).Try adding a CIO to the relation to see whether the HO is initiated.Try putting a trace & observe the MR reports.
    DT Software is Tems Investigation and Cell-A and B are in same frequency (both of them are UARFCN:10688). So there is no interFreq HO. Cell-A have 40 nei. And the interesting thing : Cell-B enter the nei list when nei number of Cell-A is decreased to 28.

Member Reputation: 368

40 is too much.I think you have a SIB11 issue.If SIB11 cant fit in all your neighbors then it might lead to HO issues.Try reducing the neighbors to 28 or 30 based on MR reports.Try below links
    http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....lculation-UMTS
    http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....d-of-each-cell
    Add me Rep to become a Senior Member :)

Junior Member Reputation: 10

You can also keep the neighbors as long those are below 32 in each freq...... but turn off with SIB11 flag to reduce the number of broadcasted neighbors. If SIB11 flag = false, than the SIB list will be below any number...... and the reamaining Nbrs will be used for Active state meas (HO)

Cheeersss