Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Interference check

Member Reputation: 22

Default Interference check

How i can check that my link is interference from other link. Is there any way to know that my link is interference with other link

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 252

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: Interference check

the simple way to check if your link is suffering or not from interférence is to mute the far end site and check if you have receiving signal or not.

Member Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by rm77 View Post
    the simple way to check if your link is suffering or not from interférence is to mute the far end site and check if you have receiving signal or not.
    With some vendors this might not guarantee 100% results. The reason is that sometimes measurement is only done over limited freq range. So if you're using a 56 MHz channel, and someone else is using a 7 MHz channel off your central frequency, but still withing the whole channel boundary, you can miss the channel, and still experience interference. It's all related to how the RSSI is actually measured.

Another way to check for interference is to decrease Tx power on both sides (by 10 dB for example), and track error performance/MSE while Rx level is above threshold level. If there's a significant increase in errored seconds or any other KPI that you use for monitoring MW link, then you can suspect interference. This is a good way to test even for intermittent interference cases, while keeping the link operational.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

I dont know what type of equipment you are using but seem to remember Some newer MW e.g. Huawei have some automatic interference detection

Member Reputation: 83

Quote Originally Posted by surfmatt View Post
    I dont know what type of equipment you are using but seem to remember Some newer MW e.g. Huawei have some automatic interference detection
    Could you send info about these Huawei MW?
    Thanks