Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Poor Quality in Hopping TRXs

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: Poor Quality in Hopping TRXs

Originally Posted by fdanaei
    Hi dear friend, Based on your attached picture, BCCH signal level in that location is low (-84dBm). I think your problem is related to lack of dominant cell. Do following steps (If you sure about MAIO Parameters): 1-Go to scan frequency part of TEMS Investigation and add your network BCCH frequencies in SCAN List, (Mark BSIC decode). 2-Find how many BCCH are in your location that have near signal level to the main BCCH signal. Then write related cells name (cells with Hopping in nonBCCH TRXs). 3-Investigate Antenna information of that cells and do suitable tilt control. Electrical Tilt is better than mechanical tilt for cell control (theoretical reason). High sites might control first. But you must be careful about missing some area coverage. I think interference controlling has more priority than level increasing. 4-Also you can increase level of dominant cell by Antenna height increase or antenna change to high gain if possible. 5-You can select good HSN Pair by referring to following link too: http://www.4shared.com/get/_T3HyGc9/...HSN_Pairs.html Hope this helps, Regards,

if available i also need the book ..

Member Reputation: 37

Default Re: Poor Quality in Hopping TRXs

Hi dear hoangtuna and mahbub,
    It is a part of this book:
    "Advanced Cellular Network Planning and Optimisation: 2G2.5G3G...Evolution to 4G 2007, Ajay R. Mishra" and you can get it from following link:
    http://lib.freescienceengineering.org/view.php?id=57611
    (book page:119, PDF page 142 is about HSN pairs)
    Let me to know if you had any problem in downloading.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by mahbub View Post
    Originally Posted by fdanaei
    Hi dear friend, Based on your attached picture, BCCH signal level in that location is low (-84dBm). I think your problem is related to lack of dominant cell. Do following steps (If you sure about MAIO Parameters): 1-Go to scan frequency part of TEMS Investigation and add your network BCCH frequencies in SCAN List, (Mark BSIC decode). 2-Find how many BCCH are in your location that have near signal level to the main BCCH signal. Then write related cells name (cells with Hopping in nonBCCH TRXs). 3-Investigate Antenna information of that cells and do suitable tilt control. Electrical Tilt is better than mechanical tilt for cell control (theoretical reason). High sites might control first. But you must be careful about missing some area coverage. I think interference controlling has more priority than level increasing. 4-Also you can increase level of dominant cell by Antenna height increase or antenna change to high gain if possible. 5-You can select good HSN Pair by referring to following link too: http://www.4shared.com/get/_T3HyGc9/...HSN_Pairs.html Hope this helps, Regards,

if available i also need the book ..
    Last edited by fdanaei; 2014-11-07 at 04:55 PM