Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Edit Radius in Map info [Tool: Site See]

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Reputation: 48

Default Edit Radius in Map info [Tool: Site See]

Silly questions to all expert, I have created site boundaries using site see tool in map info. We have to provide basic parameters i.e. site id, lat,long radius, azimuth, beamwidth etc. My question is how we can edit one cell parameter i.e. Azimuth change for a specific cell. second what should be the default/good radius in KM to map on GE?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 88

Default Re: Edit Radius in Map info [Tool: Site See]

Hi , it depend on your avergae distance between your sites

BR

Member Reputation: 684

Hi itking,

You need to recreate your cells after changing any attribute which affects the "pie" representing the cell. There is no dynamic redraw of the objects with Site See tool.

As for radius selection, you can create a column in your table on which to base the radius for each cell.

I personally choose different sector size for cells rural and city cells for better view when you zoom out too much.

Regards,
    Rooster[BG]

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster[BG] View Post
    Hi itking,

You need to recreate your cells after changing any attribute which affects the "pie" representing the cell. There is no dynamic redraw of the objects with Site See tool.

As for radius selection, you can create a column in your table on which to base the radius for each cell.

I personally choose different sector size for cells rural and city cells for better view when you zoom out too much.

Regards,
    Rooster[BG]
    Thanks, do we have any tool which supports dynamic redraw. Its not easy to draw on each attribute modification.

Member Reputation: 264

Quote Originally Posted by itking View Post
    Silly questions to all expert, I have created site boundaries using site see tool in map info. We have to provide basic parameters i.e. site id, lat,long radius, azimuth, beamwidth etc. My question is how we can edit one cell parameter i.e. Azimuth change for a specific cell. second what should be the default/good radius in KM to map on GE?

hi dear for editing cell parameter it cant be done. you have to redraw the sites again.

for second Q.:- the good radius it depends on distance between sites (as Mr.jskhalid said) but if your file contain cells in cities and rural area i suggest to add a new column in your file and define diffrent raduis for diffrent cells type like (dense urban, urban , suburban, rural) and from sites see window chose your column as the cell radius.

please add me rep if it help you.

Senior Member Reputation: 484

As I knew, You can not edit cell parameter( Use Sitesee). May be you need to program another tool for your purpose.
    Brs,
    Lihanbok.
    default pw: finetopix123
    Let's share to be shared.

Thanks all sorted it out.......... window->New Browser window & edit specific cell value.

Senior Member Reputation: 491

Thanks all sorted it out.......... window->New Browser window & edit specific cell value.
    Dear Itking, do you mean you succeeded to change Azimuth of one cell without recreating your *.Tab file from the beginning !!
    As far as I know, we couldn't and I followed your mentioned comment but no change (just change in Table Azimuth value without change in drawing sector direction)

If you did it, please share in steps
    it will be very very helpful
    Last edited by justdream; 2014-11-02 at 11:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Dear Itking, do you mean you succeeded to change Azimuth of one cell without recreating your *.Tab file from the beginning !!
    As far as I know, we couldn't and I followed your mentioned comment but no change (just change in Table Azimuth value without change in drawing sector direction)

If you did it, please share in steps
    it will be very very helpful
    No its not working the way you asked for, its just modify text [no physical modification i.e. location or orientation] and you can work on that.