Thanks Thanks:  4
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Huawei RNC to enforce a RAB release and count it as a Normal release

Senior Member Reputation: 402

Default Huawei RNC to enforce a RAB release and count it as a Normal release

Hi Expert,

I am wondering if there is any way to enforce a Huawei RNC to initiate a PS RAB release and count is a Normal release beside "UE release due to inactivity".
    I have some hopeless cases where the service is dropped due to no coverage, examples are subways, National parks with no coverage..., and this is hurting the RAN KPIs without having any impact on the end customer.
    any input is welcom. thank you.
    Future Belongs to those possessing beautiful DREAMS
    :)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    PWD:f1net0p1x

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 238

Default Re: Huawei RNC to enforce a RAB release and count it as a Normal release

H// is not using 3GPP in this case

BannedUser Reputation: 27

Default Re: Huawei RNC to enforce a RAB release and count it as a Normal release

I am wondering if there is any way to enforce a Huawei RNC to initiate a PS RAB release and count is a Normal release beside "UE release due to inactivity".
    I have some hopeless cases where the service is dropped due to no coverage, examples are subways, National parks with no coverage..., and this is hurting the RAN KPIs without having any impact on the end customer.
    any input is welcom. thank you.

BannedUser Reputation: 27

Member Reputation: 39

Hi g.kashi,
    Could you please reupload the document from the second link?
    It is empty now.

Thanks!

Member Reputation: 238

@ qaqa

could you collect trace ctg and share it

Senior Member Reputation: 402

@ Boraa, yes in this case 3GPP standard won't be followed, but I have not tried this as I don't know if it is possible with Huawei product or not. Meanwhile, what I am trying to do is to reduce the activity timer which will reduce the probability of PS drops anyway. the only challenge is Prior to RAN16 all the timers/ State transitions are RNC level, so any change will affect all cells. With RAN16 things will become easier to change as many RNC level timers will become cell level.

@g.Kashi, I don't understand your first post as you just copied my thread. That is not allowed in this forum. concerning your attachments, they are irrelevant to the subject.
    Future Belongs to those possessing beautiful DREAMS
    :)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    PWD:f1net0p1x