Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: How to connect Samsung android phones with qualcom chipset to TEMS Investigation

Member Reputation: 15

Default Re: How to connect Samsung android phones with qualcom chipset to TEMS Investigation

Hi,
    Could you please tell me how to connect samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G to TEMS Investigation 16.3

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: How to connect Samsung android phones with qualcom chipset to TEMS Investigation

It is very useful. Thanks

Member Reputation: 165

If you want to connect data you should disable mobile data on phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMITG View Post
    I try with S5 G900 and it connects to tems 16.1 without problem.

But not possible to make data test like external modem, only voice call possible.
    Also no band lock, no cell lock as expected.

Did I do something wrong for data testing? or even orıgınal S5 can not make data testing?

Member Reputation: 253

My friend

what can I do if my phone S4 is not qualcomm chip set. plz your feedback highly appreciated

BR

Quote Originally Posted by tremalnike View Post
    Friends,
    this is quick brief what I do to connect my phone in TEMS investigation.I hope it will be useful for you.
    Tested&working on Samsung Galaxy S4 mini with qualcomm snapdragon chipset and JB4.2.2.Should work on all Samsung android phones with qualcomm chipset.
    My phone is rooted but I think that no root needed to do this.Works with conventional/market (non TEMS) phones.

I.Prepare PC
    1. Disconnect phone from PC;
    2. Install latest Samsung KIES for your device and don't forget to tick “Install USB drivers” at end of installation wizard OR install only Samsung USB Drivers from Attachment 36376 ;

II. Prepare phone
    *Note that most info in this section is taken from XDA developers forum .Thanks to the author!Great job!
    1. Install phoneutil.apk from Attachment 36375 (check"unknown sources" in security settings in your phone menu in order to be able to install this);
    2. Install QuickShortCutMaker to phone (get it from Android Market);
    3. Now run QuickShortCutMaker,type “PhoneUtil” in a search window, expand result and chose "com.sec.android.app.phoneutil.SerPortUartUsbMSM89 60" as a shortcut. Shortcut will be placed somewhere on phone home screen.
    4. Disconnect phone from PC;
    5. Run PhoneUtil shortcut,then choose MODEM(not mandatory,UART will work too) and below in Qualcomm USB Settings select DM+MODEM+ADB.Press OK. (you have to revert back this step if you want to connect phone as storage device);
    6. Connect phone to PC and waiting windows to install drivers;

III.Connect to TEMS Investigation
    1.Verify steps above in windows device manager - If everything is OK, you’ll have “SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COMxx) in Ports (COM & LPT) section and “SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem” in Modems section;
    2.Run TEMS investigation and start TEMS Investigation Manual UE Configuration;
    3.Then in “Device Configuration” click on “New…”,select “SAMSUNG Mobile USB CDC Composite Device” and click OK;
    4.For “Type” chose HSPA+ Capable device – Qualcomm C;
    5.Chose “Air Interface” for SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port,and “Data interface” for SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem;
    6.Click OK,then save and click on “Refresh” button in “Equipment” window;
    7.If everything is OK,TEMS Investigation will detect phone as unknown MSM 7200 and you will be able to connect them;

That's all – just start with measurements and inform Finetopix community here if you success with other samsung models.

Confirmed/Working on:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195
    Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F

VIP Member Reputation: 1216 husseinmanaf's Avatar

if its not qualacom then forget this method as its only for qualcom
    Quote Originally Posted by atit View Post
    My friend

what can I do if my phone S4 is not qualcomm chip set. plz your feedback highly appreciated

BR
    Thank You So Much For Click helpful or add reputation

6. Thanks Roman99 thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 68

My friend

BR
    Yep only Qualcomm

S4 i9505 also working good

8. Thanks Roman99 thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 253

Dear Friends

all available S4 in our market seems is not qualicomm so plz How I know is qualicomm before I buy it?

BR

Senior Member Reputation: 570

Anybody tested this with Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Plan to buy though if it works.
    Thanks and BR,
    freakturd06

-------------------------------------

" The Best Things in Life are Free"

Password: fitched

Member Reputation: 272

Hello,

Can you support me in the section II step 6 The computer does not the cell hpone so no drivers can be donwload i am using samsung s5 SM-G900M, As a comment in the past I could made it work but i am not sure what happened or if a possible andrioid udate might affect this...

Quote Originally Posted by tremalnike View Post
    Friends,
    this is quick brief what I do to connect my phone in TEMS investigation.I hope it will be useful for you.
    Tested&working on Samsung Galaxy S4 mini with qualcomm snapdragon chipset and JB4.2.2.Should work on all Samsung android phones with qualcomm chipset.
    My phone is rooted but I think that no root needed to do this.Works with conventional/market (non TEMS) phones.

I.Prepare PC
    1. Disconnect phone from PC;
    2. Install latest Samsung KIES for your device and don't forget to tick “Install USB drivers” at end of installation wizard OR install only Samsung USB Drivers from Attachment 36376 ;

II. Prepare phone
    *Note that most info in this section is taken from XDA developers forum .Thanks to the author!Great job!
    1. Install phoneutil.apk from Attachment 36375 (check"unknown sources" in security settings in your phone menu in order to be able to install this);
    2. Install QuickShortCutMaker to phone (get it from Android Market);
    3. Now run QuickShortCutMaker,type “PhoneUtil” in a search window, expand result and chose "com.sec.android.app.phoneutil.SerPortUartUsbMSM89 60" as a shortcut. Shortcut will be placed somewhere on phone home screen.
    4. Disconnect phone from PC;
    5. Run PhoneUtil shortcut,then choose MODEM(not mandatory,UART will work too) and below in Qualcomm USB Settings select DM+MODEM+ADB.Press OK. (you have to revert back this step if you want to connect phone as storage device);
    6. Connect phone to PC and waiting windows to install drivers;

III.Connect to TEMS Investigation
    1.Verify steps above in windows device manager - If everything is OK, you’ll have “SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COMxx) in Ports (COM & LPT) section and “SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem” in Modems section;
    2.Run TEMS investigation and start TEMS Investigation Manual UE Configuration;
    3.Then in “Device Configuration” click on “New…”,select “SAMSUNG Mobile USB CDC Composite Device” and click OK;
    4.For “Type” chose HSPA+ Capable device – Qualcomm C;
    5.Chose “Air Interface” for SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port,and “Data interface” for SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem;
    6.Click OK,then save and click on “Refresh” button in “Equipment” window;
    7.If everything is OK,TEMS Investigation will detect phone as unknown MSM 7200 and you will be able to connect them;

That's all – just start with measurements and inform Finetopix community here if you success with other samsung models.

Confirmed/Working on:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195
    Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F

VIP Member Reputation: 5090

Dear Friends

all available S4 in our market seems is not qualicomm so plz How I know is qualicomm before I buy it?

BR
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...sung-galaxy-s4
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsun...Model_variants