Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: TCH Drop due to UL Bad Quality

Member Reputation: 192

Default Re: TCH Drop due to UL Bad Quality

Hi,

The vendor is e*******, we used E******* Frequency Optimizer "ex_x-AFP" for planning, our network contain many configurations, cells only 900, cells only 1800, cells 900+1800, and cells 900+1800+1800.
    let me give you a summary of our project, we did first BSIC optimization, after that FAS/ICDM and MRR measurement for 3 weeks, IM generation and upgrade, after that based on this IM, distance, HO we removed some neighbors and added other relation, we implement the NB plan 1 week before the FP, we noticed that HO becomes better, on week later, we generate a new Frequency Plan, but after implementation we noticed a degradation on some dense BSCs, and the main reason was Bad Quality in UL, we are actually doing investigation on some cells, if I will get something i'll keep you informed, meanwhile if somebody has something to say, we will be very grateful.

Member Reputation: 312

hi
    the procedure is looks perferct ,please share with me the BO Report before and after ,and also share the physical and one cna file of your network if you dont mind ,

cheers
    Knowledge is power, when shared and applied:)
    "Knowledge is like money: To be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value. — Louis L'Amour”

Member Reputation: 261

Dear

Bad Quality in UL usually due to high traffic in tight FP, This is a common issue in such case. what u need to do is to check the worst cells and check the traffic on it and the drop reason if it is Bad Quality in UL so u need to offload the cells or to use clear FR. also if u are using synthesised hopping I recommend to use BB Hopping.
    finally try to use 100% AMR\NAMR HR.

please check and let me know.

good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost78 View Post
    Hi,

The vendor is e*******, we used E******* Frequency Optimizer "ex_x-AFP" for planning, our network contain many configurations, cells only 900, cells only 1800, cells 900+1800, and cells 900+1800+1800.
    let me give you a summary of our project, we did first BSIC optimization, after that FAS/ICDM and MRR measurement for 3 weeks, IM generation and upgrade, after that based on this IM, distance, HO we removed some neighbors and added other relation, we implement the NB plan 1 week before the FP, we noticed that HO becomes better, on week later, we generate a new Frequency Plan, but after implementation we noticed a degradation on some dense BSCs, and the main reason was Bad Quality in UL, we are actually doing investigation on some cells, if I will get something i'll keep you informed, meanwhile if somebody has something to say, we will be very grateful.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hi,

In relation to the problem, drops due to UL Qualtiy are usually caused by external interference (military in the EGSM band or UMTS 850 if a network of competitor co-exists with your network). Since you are using E******* equipment please activate RIR/FAS recordings for all the frequencies in your network(but if you want do only for 900 band) and see if there is interfence in the BCCH freqs that are used.

Member Reputation: 55

Dear Friend,

If you have overshooting cells , your FP can make bad KPIs of the affected cells by those. Please check the TA of the cells with worst KPIs and tilt down appropriately.
    Hope this will help you.

Member Reputation: 34

Hi
    witch Hopping you are using SFH (1/1 of 1/3) of BBH of Hybrid ?
    1- as it was mentioned before the Uplink interference is caused by External Source so Try to activate the IRC feature for the affected cells this will reduce improve the situation ;
    2- Take the Timing Advance MR and Down tilt overshooting cells .

Junior Member Reputation: 10

im also facing same issue on ZTE equipment

Member Reputation: 192

I took the 60 worst cells after the FP they had a delta of 6000 drops daily, I re optimized all their RF parameters such as BCCH, MAList, HSN, BSIC, MAIO, but I got the same result, after 3 days of KPIs monitoring, the TCH drop kept the same trend, and the main reason is still due to Bad Quality in UL, really I don't understand why, and I have no idea how to proceed in order to solve this problem.

B.R

Moderator Reputation: 473

Hi,

Definitely something is missed my friend and going illogically. I am still recomending you to identify either problem is on new frequency plan or not ! you may revert back the changes in a isolated city or cluster and cross check the result then think about further decision.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost78 View Post
    I took the 60 worst cells after the FP they had a delta of 6000 drops daily, I re optimized all their RF parameters such as BCCH, MAList, HSN, BSIC, MAIO, but I got the same result, after 3 days of KPIs monitoring, the TCH drop kept the same trend, and the main reason is still due to Bad Quality in UL, really I don't understand why, and I have no idea how to proceed in order to solve this problem.

B.R

Member Reputation: 26

During the period of measurement report did you factor in planned sites that may have come in after AFP. What is your inter site distance compare to MRR report.