Thanks Thanks:  8
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2G 3G Reselection

Member Reputation: 368

Unhappy 2G 3G Reselection

Hey guys,

Need Urgent help.In 2G-->3G Huawei reselection, how do you control Cell Ranking based reselection & Priority based Reselection? Does priority based Reselection only works when LTECELLRESELEN-->YES ? what happens if we disable LTE reselection & keep both Priority based & Cell Rank based settings configured in GSM & UTRAN?
    Further does any of you guys have experience with 2G 3G Fast Reselection? If we want to configure Fast Reselection to 3G will it effect the No of GSM Ncells in MR? Is it ok to enable UTRAN SEARCH EVEN IF BSIC DECODING IS NOT PERFORMED?

I know its lot of questions but appreciate if someone can help out.
    Add me Rep to become a Senior Member :)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: 2G 3G Reselection

Any help guys? any expert views?

Member Reputation: 79

As I know, you want to push your subscriber from 2G to 3G?
    If this's right, LTE options is not effect to this.
    This processing can be only config by enable flag, FDD Qmin and FDD Q Offset... in 'Call Control Parameters Message of Cells'.
    I don't have any experience about Fast Reselection. In our network, I see that above parameters can control enough, .

Regards!

Member Reputation: 532

Quote Originally Posted by tharinduwije View Post
    Hey guys,

Need Urgent help.In 2G-->3G Huawei reselection, how do you control Cell Ranking based reselection & Priority based Reselection? Does priority based Reselection only works when LTECELLRESELEN-->YES ? what happens if we disable LTE reselection & keep both Priority based & Cell Rank based settings configured in GSM & UTRAN?
    Further does any of you guys have experience with 2G 3G Fast Reselection? If we want to configure Fast Reselection to 3G will it effect the No of GSM Ncells in MR? Is it ok to enable UTRAN SEARCH EVEN IF BSIC DECODING IS NOT PERFORMED?

I have enabled FAST cell reselection in my network, You need to enable this feature from GSM side and is available after RAN/GBSS 14.0
    Using this feature UE can reselect to 3G after ending 2G call because during CS call it finds some slots to measure 3G network quality....

And this feature doesn't reduce any MRs in Ncell measurement. Normal procedure takes 30-45 sec for reselection to 3G after ending 2G CS call but using this feature UE can reselect within 5-10 secs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

Pass: optimizer

Thanks for the info guys. Currently we have enabled two types of reselection methods,

1.Cell Ranking based Reselection (QCI/FDD Qmin)
    2.Priority based Reselection (THDUTRANHIGH/GERANPRI)

I want to know which one happens first? (Current we have disabled LTE CELL Reselection from 2G-->4G).Does priority based Reselection only happens to when there is LTE reselection or will it happen even after we disabled LTE Reselection from 2G-->4G? if So what will happen to the current Cell Ranking Based Reselection?

Further to the fast Reselection from 2G-->3G,I have already enabled below para to configure 2G-->3G Fast reselection.But still its not working properly.Checked in Channel release messeage but nothing mentioned in the release.
    CELLSELECTAFTERCALLREL NO-->YES (Select 3G Cell After Call Release)
    QSEARCHC 15-->7 (Always search UTRAN NCells in Connected Mode)
    INTERRATOUTBSCHOEN YES-->NO (To ensure CS 2G -->3G handover restriction)

Huawei has recommended to enable below para also,
    Inter-RAT Cell Reselection Optimization-->ON

Do you guys have any experience with the above para? Whats the impact of changing above Para? What am I doing wrong?
    Appreciate the help guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by khurrambilal01 View Post
    I have enabled FAST cell reselection in my network, You need to enable this feature from GSM side and is available after RAN/GBSS 14.0
    Using this feature UE can reselect to 3G after ending 2G call because during CS call it finds some slots to measure 3G network quality....

And this feature doesn't reduce any MRs in Ncell measurement. Normal procedure takes 30-45 sec for reselection to 3G after ending 2G CS call but using this feature UE can reselect within 5-10 secs
    What about the MBR ? In MBR (6 Neighbor Cells) what we have configured is 2 ,1800 Cells 2,900 Cells & 2 Best cells from rest of the list.When we enable QSC it will add another 2 UTRAN neighbors to the MBR. So will the MR contain 6 neighbors --> 2,1800 2,900 & 2,UTRAN? Will this effect the 2G reselection Quality since 2 neighbors gets reduced in MBR? or does the UTRAN neighbors come in a separate section other than the 6 Cells in MBR?
    Last edited by tharinduwije; 2014-02-25 at 04:54 PM

Any info on this guys?

Member Reputation: 623

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Here i attach a file that related to 2G <-> 3G Internetworking
    Here, based on NSN Parameter
    Wish it can be a reference to match with Huawei Parameter

Finally, wish it useful
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tharinduwije View Post
    Hey guys,

Attached Files Attached Files
    thanx for clicking THANX and REP

10. Thanks akrivenkov thanked for this post