Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Huawei Dual Carrier and Second Carrier deployment parameter setting

Member Reputation: 201

Default Huawei Dual Carrier and Second Carrier deployment parameter setting

Dear experts,

I would like to ask to provide some parameters setting for second carrier activation.
    There are many docs on forum with different strategies on second carrier activation, while I'm looking for practical parameters settings for F1 and F2 cells.

My main concern is about RRU and power related parameters per cell.
    We are using 60W PA (47.8dBm max power). In Huawei guidelines there is no any specification on MAXPOWER parameter definitions per UCELL. As far as I understand that PA (Power Amplifier) is an MCPA (Multi Carrier PA), this means that two carrier (cells F1 and F2) suppose to share this PA and power definition should be specified somewhere.

Can you please, suggest where to find those guideline for power definitions.

As for parameters for traffic and service preferences is pretty clear.

Best regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default Re: Huawei Dual Carrier and Second Carrier deployment parameter setting

You can use this paremeters for those 2 cell:
    MAXTXPOWER
    Max Transmit Power of Cell

MAXTXPOWER
    Max Transmit Power of Cell

Member Reputation: 15

Hi.
    Keynotes:
    1. Ensure FDD2 has sufficient power >= FDD1, preferably MAXTXPWR = 40W (46dBm per cell)
    2. Align PCPICH powers (MAX, MIN & nominal) between twin cells of FDD1 & FDD2 (recall that by default in H// system, a cell is setup with PCPICH 33dBm)
    With this, you will have satisfied basic power balancing between carriers regardless of your deployment strategy.

best wishes.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

you can use MOD UCELL, name of parameter is MaxTxPower.
    for detail explanation you can find at hedex.

Max tx powr.jpg
    dont forget to say thanks & reputation if this post useful

Member Reputation: 532

60W power would be shared among the two carriers which means you can't use 40W each if you have single PA 60W RFU/RRU.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

Pass: optimizer

Member Reputation: 55

Dear ,

My advise is to use 30W for each carrier and use load balancing between carriers using parameter optimization. Dependening on the usage u can bar access for second carrier , use blind handovers for the second carrier. Also u can mke service priority group and allocate SPG for each carrier by analysing the usage. (i.e. first carrier - voice priortiy , second carrier - Data priority) . Remeber to limit the maximum HSDPA user numbers for each carrier (i.e.F1 - 32, F2 - 64).

Dont forget to say thanks & reputation if this post useful..

8. Thanks miles12 thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 26

I use two carriers with 20W max power, second carrier has decreased PCPICH (-3dB relative to main carrier ) to prevent too far coverage and activated LDR with second action as INTERFREQLOADHO.

BannedUser Reputation: 27

Senior Member Reputation: 491

Dears,

Could you please share the activation steps for Huawei Dual Carrier

VIP Member Reputation: 1248 william.dg08's Avatar

hi , the links are dead, Please someone can upload again these docs.

thanks

W./