Thanks Thanks:  21
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Broadcast interferences in I C S (C/I Mode)

Member Reputation: 771

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Broadcast interferences in I C S (C/I Mode)

Hello,
    Can someone describe step by step the process of calculating broadcast interference with co-channel rejection factor of 45 dB and -10 dB adjacent cannel in ICS Telecom?

I read this info:
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 151

Default Re: Broadcast interferences in I C S (C/I Mode)

Quote Originally Posted by proy1_10 View Post
    Hello,
    Can someone describe step by step the process of calculating broadcast interference with co-channel rejection factor of 45 dB and -10 dB adjacent cannel in ICS Telecom?

I read this info:
    It seems that 45 dB and -10 dB are co-channel and adjacent-channel protection ratios instead of rejection factors. If so, then here you are:

Let's suppose you have wanted (activates) and unwanted (deactivated) broadcasting stations. Before doing the following steps, make sure that stations on map have Tx/Rx bandwidths and appropriate coverage.
    Steps to follow:
    1. Menu: Coverage -> Network interference -> C/I mode...
    2. Interference (C/I) dialog box: Select "Global interference", "Activated wanted stations". Set other settings as appropriate in your case.
    3. Press "C/I..." button at the end of Interference (C/I) dialog box. "Protection ratios" dialog box opens
    4. "Chose Multiple C/I (dB) mask - Priority 4" in the "Protection ratios" dialog box, and set N=0 to 45, N=1 to -10, uncheck all other selections and options. You may wish to look at "More options" for detail selection and calculation by pressing the button "More options..." at the end of that dialog box.

That is it!

Good luck!
    Last edited by baha; 2014-01-28 at 07:24 PM

Member Reputation: 771

Thank you, the problem is the next one:
    Using ITU tables (Priority 4), gives me a different result when I use ICS tables (Priority 2).
    You can see values -13, 45 and -10 dB in this doc.
    BR
    Attached Files Attached Files

Member Reputation: 151

Quote Originally Posted by proy1_10 View Post
    Using ITU tables (Priority 4), gives me a different result when I use ICS tables (Priority 2).
    You can see values -13, 45 and -10 dB in this doc.
    BR
    You seem talking about analog-to-analog interference cases. In this case, the protection ratios depend on not only whether the interference is co-channel or adjacent (or even image) channel, you should also take into account the television standards (PAL G/B, SECAM D/K, NTSC, etc.) of interfering systems as well as off-set precision and off-set multiples. In this case, it is not possible to use only one value of protection ratio for co-channel and one value for adjacent channel. Depend on above combinations of wanted and unwanted analog TV stations, you will get many required protection ratios.
    If this is your case, I would recommend you using ICS Tables since over there all required protection ratios for analog TV are hard-coded.