Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: E******* TCH Congestion alarm

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default E******* TCH Congestion alarm

Hello all,

Is there an E******* alarm for cell TCH congestion ?
    If so - what is the command to see/define it?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: E******* TCH Congestion alarm

Is there anybody that can help with an answer please?

Member Reputation: 62

No,I think there ins't. However, you can see congestion at transcoder level, at this moment I am going to my home, I can check that tomorrow. But I only see congestion with statistics, we have hour-hour but two hours ago from the time that we are querying and only for round hours, ie 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, etc., maybe with RMPO it can be possible, at this time we don't have that tool because is very expensive in SW & HW. I hope this can help you.
    Last edited by Optimustron; 2014-01-07 at 09:22 AM

Thanks for the reply.
    How can I see congestion at transcoder level?

Further, is there a command I can use on BSC to see, for each cell, the busy/free timeslots ?
    I know there is a command that I can use for each cell, but is there a command to use on a full BSC (all TRXs divided to cells) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimustron View Post
    No,I think there ins't. However, you can see congestion at transcoder level, at this moment I am going to my home, I can check that tomorrow. But I only see congestion with statistics, we have hour-hour but two hours ago from the time that we are querying and only for round hours, ie 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, etc., maybe with RMPO it can be possible, at this time we don't have that tool because is very expensive in SW & HW. I hope this can help you.

I know the command "RLCRP" that works on each cell - and can give information about free TSs.
    but - it does not work on BSC level (when activated in BSC level, it provides different data, even when using "detail").
    Is there a way to get the same information on all cells in BSc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimustron View Post

Moderator Reputation: 473

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

There is no direct command to see TCH congestion in cell level in E///. BUT indirectly you can use statistics by counter TCONG or use RLCRP command and count number of occupied TCH by users and substract it from total number of TCH if there is no free BPC it means cell is already congested.Another solution is using RPMO( Real time Performance Monitoring ) application in OSS ( It is optional ) to trace signalling and see user reject due to congestion.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by sdineszi View Post
    Hello all,

Is there an E******* alarm for cell TCH congestion ?
    If so - what is the command to see/define it?

Thanks

Thank you for your response.

About rlcrp,
    When using rlcrp:cell=XX I get the information you mentioned.
    BUT as I need this information for all cells -
    if I'm using rlcrp:cell=all[,detail]
    Then the information is not there (the output doesn't show each TCH).

Is there a way to receive the rlcrp information (with counting the occupied TCHs) for all BSC?

Quote Originally Posted by electron View Post
    There is no direct command to see TCH congestion in cell level in E///. BUT indirectly you can use statistics by counter TCONG or use RLCRP command and count number of occupied TCH by users and substract it from total number of TCH if there is no free BPC it means cell is already congested.Another solution is using RPMO( Real time Performance Monitoring ) application in OSS ( It is optional ) to trace signalling and see user reject due to congestion.

Cheers

Moderator Reputation: 473

Yes write script for RLCRP in a excel sheet for all cells and then run all bunch of RLCRP command in BSC and log the output !!

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by sdineszi View Post
    Thank you for your response.

About rlcrp,
    When using rlcrp:cell=XX I get the information you mentioned.
    BUT as I need this information for all cells -
    if I'm using rlcrp:cell=all[,detail]
    Then the information is not there (the output doesn't show each TCH).

Is there a way to receive the rlcrp information (with counting the occupied TCHs) for all BSC?