Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Location analysis for 3G and 4G

Member Reputation: 90

Default Location analysis for 3G and 4G

Hello friends,

I have a question and need some advise.

If an application requires the need to do pin-point a UE subscriber in a specific location i.e. camped on a cell site/cell sector, what signaling messages and what internal events from eNobe, Node B, MME and RNC etc...can determine this information about the user.

SecondL i want to know the messages and the structure/fields/attributes of these messages so I can understand the key data that can be gleaned to provide this analysis.

Ofcourse if the user is mobile and moving around then mobility signaling messages also become important. I know Location Based services is a solution that vendors sell to carriers but if such solutions are not in place how can one find this information.

I'm looking at finding the UEs in each 15 min interval - where they are camped and when the move etc...the application i'm looking at is cell site occupancy analysis.

Any input to this thread would be most appreciated.....!!!!!!

KR,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: Location analysis for 3G and 4G

Hi,

If I have got your question correctly, then you simply check subscriber profile in MSS( for 3G). It will give you the cell ID of the last latched-in cell. I think the same should be applicable for MME as well.