Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: space diversity link

Member Reputation: 70

Unhappy space diversity link

Hi
    When i planning a microwave link betwwen two sites by PL5 ,what is the imptant thing that decides to make this path to be a space diversity?

pleas, any one can help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 252

Default Re: space diversity link

Hi;
    many things can lead you to put your link in space diversity,for exemple the nature of the link if it is a long or short haul and if the terrain is flat or not also the distance and importance of the link (PDH or SDH).

The distance of the link is 38.31km ,7GHZ freqauncy,PDH,Is the type of polarization and what about the size of antenna is effect?
    i planning to use DA6-W71A or DA4-W71 which the best?

Much Regrads

Member Reputation: 252

for me it will depend basically of the nature of the terrain if it's desert or coastal or in mountain.
    you can try with antenna size 3.0 or 2.4 at least and chek how will be the availability.
    hope other expert can delight you with more details.

Member Reputation: 151

Quote Originally Posted by mandeel2010 View Post
    Hi
    When i planning a microwave link betwwen two sites by PL5 ,what is the imptant thing that decides to make this path to be a space diversity?

pleas, any one can help
    mandeel2010,
    before jumping to space diversity, just use ordinary configuration and check the link reliability and availability. If you calculation shows that these 2 quality indicators are within the limit (usually given as requirements for link design and planning), then everything is ok; you don't need to go to space diversity. If not, then you need to check by software whether the gain of having diversity levels us those two indicators to the limits.
    Generally, if your link is subject to selective fading, i.e. fading on one channel while other channel(s) are ok, than you better design that link on frequency diversity, otherwise space diversity might be a solution.

Dear baha

pleas, see th Transmission detailse in the attachment herwith below
    Attached Files Attached Files