Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: E******* Career start

Member Reputation: 86

Question E******* Career start

Hello everyone Well, I'm starting my RF career with E******* (through an agency) as an Optimization Engineer and I woul like to have some advices from you on how to start and what to start with, I'll be very thankful if you guys found the time to share with me some of your experience and help start mine on a solid base. It has been 4 days since I started, the first thing I did was going out on a DriveTest mission, after 4 days I ca say that I'm able to perform a DT with TEMS Investigation 14, make a full report using Actix and suggest some solution if any problems were found. And if this may help, I have TEMS CellPlanner 8 and OPTIMI 6 installed on my computer and also have data to try and train my self but I need a some kind of direction so I don't get lost.Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default Re: E******* Career start

Hello Albdelbari, Welcome in the RF world ! E******* is a good start, you could not expect much better.
    First congratulation to be able to do so many things in only 4 days ! because it s usual to face config problems when you setup TEMS or NEMO depending how complex is your set up. I guess you try to analyze 3G or and 4G DT right ? or maybe 2G ?
    One thing to know is RF optimization is something quiet complex and there is no fast and forward rules to do it... you will not learn Optimization in a courses but most likely by getting experience from the field and from other senior engineers. Courses are necessary to know for example call setup procedures and HO procedures but they are just tools to do your job..
    What you could start to study from Actix is the Layer 3 messages by replaying a logfile, this is the best way to learn what are the messages involved in during HO procedure, call setup, call termination, etc... then you can study problematic area with poor Ec Ec/Io and drops...
    Do not hesitate to pm me if you have questions.
    Good luck !

Member Reputation: 86

Hey Alainko, Thank you so much for your reply, much appreciated

Well I think your guess was wrong ! I'm trying to analyse 2G as in my country that's all we have, believe it or not the project I'm involved with is the swap from 2G to 3G which is still in it's beginning. Tomorrow I'm gonna start with the Network Performance & Operations Center team (NPOC) of an operator and I'm gonna have a tutor for a period of time, but surely I'll take your advices in consideration and see what the future will bring

Thanks again, and if I needed something I'll pm you

Junior Member Reputation: 12

You are welcome, yes 2G is still very popular in many places, then in that case you can also check and try to improve the frequency plan in poor quality area.