Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: E******* family 6000 Issue with alarms

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Exclamation E******* family 6000 Issue with alarms

Hello Experts could someone help me:

I am facing alarm, my situation is that the DUW6601 which use a magazine with a SUP controls external alarms, but the original thing is these:

On the site we are using PBC05, on it they install some times until 5 units some other time 4 units, units like, DUW3001, DUG2001(3 or 4), SIU and DUL, all of that in the same PBC including rectifiers, so the thing is on all the magazine that sometimes are 3, they controls alarms individually, the master unit is the DUG 900mhz, but also they have DUG 1800mhz that control alarms as well and the DUW3001(900mhz) which use an entire magazine also controls alarms, so sometimes I been having issues with the magazine on the DUG´s, raise alarm of Hardware Fault, Fan or Fan Group and the yellow led on the SUP that has a figure of fan is raised also, I have been check the fan´s on the back of the magazine and all are working, so I believe is an inconsistency of HW, because if a change the magazine between the one is used with the DUW, the alarm on the DUG is cleared, but is been transferred to the DUW, with the alarm: EnclosureProductDataMismatch with FanFailure, but the three fans on the back are working so what can be happened? then I made a change on the RBS Element Manager, on EquipmentSupportFunction=1 then on MO Properties I change: supportsystemControl: to false, then those two alarms get cleared, but then raise this alarm: Disconnected: Loss contact with the node control external alarms, so now I have this alarm on different Node B, and honestly is been tired no having a solution for it, could you help me with a solution on these cases.

Hope can give me a support, due I need it to get the network cleared.

Regards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: E******* family 6000 Issue with alarms

Hello experts help us to resolve this problem

Member Reputation: 92

Configure umts as master cabinet and gsm as a slave, then the disconnected alarm should cease....

Dear Paranoja, as you could read, every unit is set as Master units, due they are handling alarms, what I did the last time was, I change the magazine that has the alarm in GSM between the UMTS, so the alarm in GSM cease, but then the alarm raise in UMTS, I did another change on the RBS Element Manager, on Support Fan control, change it from true to false and the alarm of Fan cease, but the raise another alarm which is Disconnected Lost contact with the node that controls external alarms, power and climate HW, and I can´t clear this alarm, by the way, if some also can tell why is so many sites, I have the same situation mostly whit the magazine that controls GSM and not whit the ones are used with UMTS?

Member Reputation: 50

Hi.

Redefine the IDB using the previous values.
    Define the UMTS DUW and the LTE DUL as secondary nodes in the IDB.
    Check the cables between the SHU and the DUW/DUL. They must be connected as you defined it in the IDB, using the same position.
    Reinstall the IDB.

Check all cables in the SHU as they must defined in the IDB. You must have a document explaining which ports you must use to connect each card.

If you use four fan units you must define the climate system as Extended. So if this is your case also chek power out from the PSUs or the PDUs if it's a macro.

Hope this helps.

BR.

Hello Abuelooorl, I did the redefinition of IDB but it not help, I can´t define DUW or DUL as secondary nodes due they are in separate magazines and all controls alarms, all this DU are install it on a PBC05 so all of them are 6601, does n´t use SHU, in the magazine is another unit call SUP were it connects from the DUW, DUL and DUG to this unit from ports EC on every DU to EC A o EC B to the SUP with a signal cable, so thank you for your help and if is any additional info can help, will be appreciated.

BR.

i think you should use different shu in remote installation.

This DU don´t use SHU dear CPPWAR, any other suggestion?

Junior Member Reputation: 6

EnclosureProductDataMismatch : Have u tried to insert RBS Serial Number to correct this alarm?
    FanFailure : Have u check alarm configuration on BTS 2G and 3G bro?
    For fan failure :
    1. if 2G 900 as acting as master, change others as a slave.
    2. Tried to check configuration hub connection on 2G/3G. On 2G as a Master checked actual cable connection with configuration. On 3G as a slave checked equipment support fuction defined as false value also define external node and ec port configuration.

hope successfull bro :-)

Dear Spiderman, I did the insert info to the RBS, but it didn´t work so I think I should have to re-commissioning the RBS, to solve this issue, then the Fan Failure I do check all the alarm configuration in both, here we are using 6601 so they use a separately cabinet and when a simple cabinet use two DU, are configured as it is, one Master and the other Slave, and the cables connected were they have to go one in EC A and the other in EC B, so I´m not sure why this still happen?, thank you anyway for your help and if you have any other ideas I will be appreciate it.