Thanks Thanks:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Tower sharing and Capacity Calculator for subscriber density

Member Reputation: 23

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: Tower sharing and Capacity Calculator for subscriber density

Dear Jkhattak,

I hope you re doing well , I checked your calculator and it's good.. But, from a practical point of view that's not usually the case...
    When You think about number of sites vs Configuration? we've two approaches Coverage and Capacity

Coverage: The higher the configuration, the power emitted will decrease ( depends on Cabinet type , hybrid/Air Combing .......)

Capacity: 1st: You assumed that number of population will be divided between 3 operators ,
    2nd: That Subscribers are homogeneously distributed within the selected area. ( Think stadiums, high traffic roads ....... )

So, Usually when we add a new site we start with a default configuration depends on area type & surrounding sites behaviour, expand more TRXs if needed ....
    You have to put in mind when you re building a network you start with large inter site distance (Coverage ) then lower it with time (Capacity ).

I think You should read more about Dimensioning and Planning process

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Hi guys,
    can you please post a book or a commercial document (alcatel/ erricson) which tells about network planning, considerations for planning to serve subscribers w.r.t voice and EVDO Rev A / Rev B services. etc etc. A doc which tells something like "How to cook".

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hi All,

can you kindly share your files to me please email me at blitz_buster11@yahoo.com. i need it very badly

Many Thanks!