Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Huawei Parameter HOTHRES - How it works?

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default Huawei Parameter HOTHRES - How it works?

Dear all,
    In a situation, we have Dual band cells where 1800 (layer-2) cells are at higher priority layer than 900 (layer-3) at Huawei BSC BSC6900V900R012C01SPC500. My question is weather this HOTHRES will only works in case of HO from 900 (lower priority layer) to 1800 (higher priority layer) or it will also works in opposite direction as well ? If it works with a condition where the target cell should be at the higher priority layer then what would be the best possible solution to shift traffic (through Handover) from 1800 to 900? As far as I know, Edge HO works in same layer and in case of HO from higher priority layer to lower priority layer - am I right? Please help me.

I am interested to know details about Inter-layer HO Threshold - HOTHRES (sharing a snap here).

Regards

S. M. M. Enamul Hasan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hasan063; 2013-07-09 at 06:13 AM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 567

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: Huawei Parameter HOTHRES - How it works?

Hi friend
    - EDGE Ho work in case of HO from lower priority layer to higher priority layer
    - when you set layer it will change the 16 bit K rule criterion. So depend on your setting inter-Layer HO Threshold . You can ho from 1800 (higher priority layer) to 900 (lower priority layer) by Ho inter layer algorithm
    dtvt2
    Pass: finetopix

Member Reputation: 112

Hi Bro

As my experience, HO from lower priority layer to higher priority layer must follow inter-layer HO algorithm (And from higher priority layer 2 to lower priority layer 3 -> EDGE HO)

Member Reputation: 79

Hi all!
    If you defined layers, you cannot Hand-Over from a high priority cell (1800) to a lower priority cell (900) by Inter-layer HO.
    In fact, Edge HO is a general HO when serving cell signal is decrease to a edge threshold, and it can be apply to this case: HO from 1800 to 900.
    You shouldn't shift traffic from 1800 to 900, if you want to balance 900-1800 load, you can shift less traffic from 900 to 1800.
    Regards!

Member Reputation: 295

Hello,

This parameter is simple used for traffic balancing in dual BCCH dual band cells.

You can ser it on both 900/1800 cells. How you will do let suppose on 900 you set it tpo 35 means -75 means when rxlevels of this 900 cell will reach to this threshold it will handover its call to the corresposnding dcs cell. The setting will tell at what extent you want to carry traffic.

I hope you will get my point.

BR
    Quote Originally Posted by hasan063 View Post
    Dear all,
    In a situation, we have Dual band cells where 1800 (layer-2) cells are at higher priority layer than 900 (layer-3) at Huawei BSC BSC6900V900R012C01SPC500. My question is weather this HOTHRES will only works in case of HO from 900 (lower priority layer) to 1800 (higher priority layer) or it will also works in opposite direction as well ? If it works with a condition where the target cell should be at the higher priority layer then what would be the best possible solution to shift traffic (through Handover) from 1800 to 900? As far as I know, Edge HO works in same layer and in case of HO from higher priority layer to lower priority layer - am I right? Please help me.

I am interested to know details about Inter-layer HO Threshold - HOTHRES (sharing a snap here).

Regards

S. M. M. Enamul Hasan

7. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
    Junior Member Reputation: 11

It is used to push traffic from lower layer to higher layer band applying the K rule in Huawei HO Algorithm.
    It is the latest bit in 16 bit rule and has higher priority than any other bit.