Thanks Thanks:  16
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Huawei: Iphone cause high RTWP Issue

Member Reputation: 78

Default Huawei: Iphone cause high RTWP Issue

Regarding to previous posted by RFOptimizer, it is mentioned about Iphone which cause high RTWP

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?35836-RTWP-parameter-optimization-summary

Please find attachment for more details about RTWP with Iphone(3GS/4/4S). I don't know if Iphone5 is still occurred

"Because there are no TPC command from network ,Iphone 4 may have problem with inner loop power control ,
    that cause RTWP increased high value in a very short time (eg.40ms ,UE TX Power can increase 60dB)"
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Thanks akrivenkov thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 264

Default Re: Huawei: Iphone cause high RTWP Issue

Hi,

we have experienced this issue in the network. Actually, the problem is fixable by parameters setup in Huawei RNC. The root cause ( not indicated in the presentation) is that RNC deletes RL too early in NodeB. Because of that phone looses syncronization with the network and ramps up the power, trying to reestablish the link. Furthermore if you consider that inner power control has 1500Hz frequency, and default 1db step, it takes 40ms to ramp up the power for 60db (1/1500 * 60) - so there is no magic, just lousy procedure from network side

Member Reputation: 78

Quote Originally Posted by giegala View Post
    Hi,

The root cause ( not indicated in the presentation) is that RNC deletes RL too early in NodeB.

Actually this happened just for Apple products even RNC delete RL too early. So, network side need to extend the delay to fix Apple product algorithm. This problem had been acknowledge by Apple

"UTRAN make a delay for release the radio resource during RRC connection release procedure ,to make Iphone 4 inner loop power control work normally"

Member Reputation: 489

I am facing this issue in my network, please help me to address it.
    password shared in forum :D