Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Drive tesing Soft Handover Overhead/Ratio Formula request ??? !!!!

Senior Member Reputation: 322

Default Drive tesing Soft Handover Overhead/Ratio Formula request ??? !!!!

Dear Experts

As I know there are many formulas for SHO overhead/Ratio that can be calculated from drive test data,can any one provide me with this formula please????

Thanks & best regards

Khaldounh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 591

Default Re: Drive tesing Soft Handover Overhead/Ratio Formula request ??? !!!!

From someone,

For optimising the Soft Handover (SHO) usually a parameter "Soft Handover (SHO) Overhead" is measured and tuned. This value is easy to measure. The metric, i.e. measured value of "SHO Overhead" is tuned to a (arbitrary) specific target value. This target value is determined based on uniform traffic distributions and provides decent network performance for such cases. The target for the "SHO Overhead" in the tuning is also often set to a value which is acceptable in terms of the allowedcapacity for the backbone network, e.g. Iub links. The importance of the "Soft Handover Overhead" metric is to make sure that the overhead in terms of the number of connections per cell is not excessive.

Soft Handover Overhead is calculated in two ways. 1) Average Active Set Size – Total Traffic / Primary Traffic. 2) Secondary / Total Traffic
    Typical Values are like
    1.7 (Avg Active Set Size)

or 35% (Secondary / Total )

Hope it helps.

Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaldounh View Post
    Dear Experts

As I know there are many formulas for SHO overhead/Ratio that can be calculated from drive test data,can any one provide me with this formula please????

Thanks & best regards

Khaldounh
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE

Member Reputation: 310

we know that SHO Overhead is a ration of resource consumption. This is formular of Nemo
    (As_size_1_count + As_size_2_count*2 + As_size_3_count *3)/((As_size_1_count + As_size_2_count + As_size_3_count) -1)*100

RGs

Quote Originally Posted by lamhd_bk View Post
    we know that SHO Overhead is a ration of resource consumption. This is formular of Nemo
    (As_size_1_count + As_size_2_count*2 + As_size_3_count *3)/((As_size_1_count + As_size_2_count + As_size_3_count) -1)*100

RGs
    Bro I'm getting value equal to 110% by using this formula, please advice

br

Khaldounh

Member Reputation: 310

Quote Originally Posted by khaldounh View Post
    Bro I'm getting value equal to 110% by using this formula, please advice

br

Khaldounh
    Sr, this is formular
    ((As_size_1_count + As_size_2_count*2 + As_size_3_count *3)/(As_size_1_count + As_size_2_count + As_size_3_count) -1)*100

Senior Member Reputation: 591

Check this material friend,
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/46265448/S...dover-in-WCDMA

Regards.
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by lamhd_bk View Post

RGs
    Thank you very much, it was my fault, I got correct result

Br

Khaldounh