Thanks Thanks:  26
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Opinion/Experience about GeoLocation Tools 3G/4G

Member Reputation: 25

Default Re: Opinion/Experience about GeoLocation Tools 3G/4G

Thanks for those very useful posts.

@TelcoConsultant: I want to know more precisely what is the advantages of EVERY solutions compared to others in terms of compatibility, accuracy in the case of the Geolocalization, and parameters (Tilts & power...) that can be changed by SON.

I don't know if anyone has technical papers on these solutions of Geolocalization and SON.

Thanks

Cordially

Senior Member Reputation: 402

Hi hartono

thank you for the valuable information. can you confirm whether you are feeding the Groundhog Geoloc with trace data, i.e., GPEH, Megamon or CHR from vendor or a probe data.
    Future Belongs to those possessing beautiful DREAMS
    :)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    PWD:f1net0p1x

Member Reputation: 114

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Hi
    I would like share my expirience a little bit.
    There is a tool Xeus from Aexio - it can make geolocation based on CHR/Huawei, GPEH/E*******, Megamon/NSN or CTS/ZTE files. Accuracity of geolocation is square 100x100 m - the size of one bin. Not all the traced calls can be geolocated.
    Very nice tool for network visualization and deep events analysis. Plus it has smartphone analysis module, where fast dormancy performance can be checked and phone analysis based on IMEI. But it doesn't have SON features - there will be no automatic optimization suggestions (only for neighbor plan, but also should be approved).

As about other mentioned tools I worked with:
    Ultima Mentor - very powerful tool for the 3G optimization and troubleshooting. It also has geolocation function and a lot of other possibilities. I can share the docs if somebody will be interested. Mentor can propose Tilts/azimuth, CPICH Power, Neighbor plan, SC plan and some other parameters optimization actions.

Newfield (from TrueCall) - neve worked by myself but I intend several their webinars. This tool can make geolocation and as I understand with very good precision, but that is it. Mostly can be used for network and their events/coverage visualization. There will be not so much help in optimization process from it.

Reverb - this is a SON product (antenna based and now they are releasing parameters SON). No geolocation but it is a closed-loop optimization system. In theory can make optimization without human intervention. But it should be configured very carefully and many tests will be needed.

Actix - from my opinion this is not the strongest feature for this tool. But I didn't worked with it very deep.

Also I heard about Celsite SON tool (COPS) - by the description it can make geolocation and provide automatic optimization suggestions.

Hope it will be helpful

Member Reputation: 90

Hi Telco,Hartono

I have a question, I'm looking at the load balancing feature and most importantly I'm thinking from the perspective that this will applied in SON by RAN vendors when there is congestion on the cell site, but question:- how will the congested site inform the UE and users which neighbor to attach to? How is this SON features going to be implemented by RAN vendors or has it already been implemented?

There reason why I'm asking is as follows;

Supposing there is an analytics applications that provides insights and now this application sees that certain segment of users are using video applications and a specific sets of site(s) are struggling, this information from the analytics application is sent to a SON controller or what ever system that the RAN vendor implements this function into and this controller automatically makes changes to the RF interface and request all traffic to be load balanced to its nearest other cell site. This could be a good use case for busy place in dense populations for e.g. airports, metro areas....

Now also would be interesting if anyone of you have any information of how E*******/ALU/Huawei/NSN are implementing SON features in the network, I mean where is the SON controller function going to sit in? will it be OSSRC, NetAct, M2000 etc???

Any thoughts around this and also any thoughts on closed loop feedback use cases for IMS and VOLTE would be very interesting....

A quick reply is most appreciated...!!

Member Reputation: 272

share this book bro..

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Hi,
    Thank you all for an interesting conversation.
    I have some questions about another aspect of geolocation tool: data latency

Does anyone have some experience about latency of each tool processing? What is the average time interval between a call failure on the network and the time when it can be found in geolocation tool?
    Can those trace-based tools listed here be used as a part of CEM solution? Can Network equipment provide traces for all of the network events?

Member Reputation: 41

Groundhog CovMo is really good.

Member Reputation: 59

Hi Everyone.
    It is very interesting discussion.
    I really curious what that feed truecall from newsfeed. They claimed that they can drill down from UE to IMS.
    Are they using CHR/Huawei, GPEH/E******* & Megamon/NSN?

cheers,

Amadeo

Member Reputation: 59

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Hi TelcoConsultant,
    I am very eager to develop SON solution with my company. I find this discussion is very usefull to give me an insight where to put myself in the big game.
    Maybe we can join force to strive into the game ?

cheers,

Amadeo

Moderator Reputation: 473

Hi all,

I saw a personal developed tool to help optimization engineer which did not need any machine for operation. It was using OSS itself and reporting main KPIs and reporting worst cells with some counters related and taking action for some problems ( some parameter corrections, Neighbor additions, Main KPI, Worst cell reporting) all of these actions could be taken and reported with 15 minute resolution by sending automatic email. It was very effective tool during roll out and daily monitoring and network maintenance.

Cheers