Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: No PDCH in overlaid cell(1800) when BCCH is in underlaid(900) for concentric cell

Member Reputation: 47

Default No PDCH in overlaid cell(1800) when BCCH is in underlaid(900) for concentric cell

Dear all, I have concentric cells in my network with BCCH in 900(overlaid cell) and in the overlaid subcell is DCS-1800. I have noticed that there are no PDCH allocated in the DCS-1800 subcell which is the overlaid subcell whereas PDCH only get allocated in GSM-900. Could you tell me what is the possible reason for this? BR, Bilal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 83

Default Re: No PDCH in overlaid cell(1800) when BCCH is in underlaid(900) for concentric cell

Hi
    the channels used during CS or PS setup phase (CCCH/SDCCH/PDCH) should have same coverage area, other wise access failure will occur
    after setup is complete the mobile can be assigned to TCH in less coverage area (overlaid) if it's closed to the site

Default Re: No PDCH in overlaid cell(1800) when BCCH is in underlaid(900) for concentric cell

Even after assignment I do not see any PDCH in the overlaid subcell.

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Hi
    Have you try to config PDCH in DCS-1800? It might be about license issue. Some operator not buy license for both(900&1800) if they can share/balance traffic.

Junior Member Reputation: 11

some operateors use the 1800MHs cell only for CS traffic, kind of CS traffic vacum cleaner, the 900MHz cell carries the PS traffic, better indoor coverage, propagation, provides better coverage in long distance, and the remaining CS traffic on areas, where the 1800MHz cell can't cover

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Dear,
    Configure IUOCHNTRAN "Dynamic Channel Conversion Parameter of Concentric Cell" to CONVERT2(UL first and convert allowed), but this is only available after Huawei BSS13. Note it might increase TBF drop rate highly.

I hope it was useful info.

Member Reputation: 20

Dear bilal,
    Do confirm two things.
    1.whats your carrier and dcs arfcn range used in network.
    2. Have you defined sdcch on dcs in your network?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Junior Member Reputation: 10

As we all know,While the mobile phone brings great conveniences to people, it also raises new challenge on the security of confidential work. In recent years, the wiretap, cheating in examination, medical negligence and gas station explosion with mobile phone occurred and it has aroused great concern of the society. Maybe it's one of the reasons that promoted the appearance of cell phone jammer. You may be watching a nice movie or enjoying your nap when you get free for sometime. Still you have chances of getting disturbed with your most loved ones and close friend chatting near you on the cell phone. At such hours, if you really care for your free time then you need to buy a cell phone jammer.

Even if i define sdcch on dcs1800 it does not take any sdcch traffic and 1800 also does not take any data traffic.

Member Reputation: 238

Hi

Is the DCS band allocated with A-Bis resources for Data?

Rgds
    Plannerguy