Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Indoor - IBS Site Optimization

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default Indoor - IBS Site Optimization

Hi. In our NW IBS sites have very high drops and RTWP due to load and high traffic. I want to know which parameters we can try for reduce drops. I tried to push the traffic GSM with 2d/2f but there is no co-located 2G site so there is not much impact. Also there is no rrc congestion but there is rrc no reply. We can try to offload the traffic to the another carriers? I m very glad if you share your ideas. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: Indoor - IBS Site Optimization

Hi,

Is your DAS passive or active?
    If it is passive and if the runs are too big the noise floor will be too high on the UL. It is recommended to use LNA near antennas to reduce it, increasing UL "capacity".

Member Reputation: 22

Default Re: Indoor - IBS Site Optimization

LNA will not help in this case, you already have high RTWP, that's why you have RRC no reply. Check with DT tool your RACH performance - have statistics on the initial UE TX power, number of ramping steps, message power and see if they are very high. Also you can check the success rate from UE side - how many times you are reaching the max UE TX power with no AICH reply. This generates lots of UL interference. Reduce your HSUPA user throughput, disable 2ms tti in UL (if you use it), ask for interference reduction features from your vendor.

What you can do is try to reduce the simultaneous users in the cell - either by adding more carriers or splitting the cocverage to more cells - that's the long term solution.

Cheers!