Thanks Thanks:  212
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 175

Thread: FlexLM.ECC.Generic.Patcher-Flexlm targets (x86/x64 up to version 11.9.x)

Member Reputation: 34

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: FlexLM.ECC.Generic.Patcher-Flexlm targets (x86/x64 up to version 11.9.x)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej View Post
    in that case, there is another method to get RSA public key:

Code:
    $ ./lictest -k
    -----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
     ...blah-blah-blah
    -----END PUBLIC KEY-----
    lictest has 3 hidden command line options: -c -k -i

-c means "check", i.e. $ lictest -c -f license_file

-k means "print pubkey"

Finally I did it thanks man very much.
    Notes for anyone who loves RE
    1-lictest in utilities uses a wrapper (python one) to call lictest in mmshare (parameters can be obtained in olly by tracing)
    2-firing lictest in ida and look for function that calls pubkey and patch it to return eax=0
    3-patch pubkey verify
    4-find all files which have pubkey and flexlm sig and patch them using the same way

Member Reputation: 159

Default Re: FlexLM.ECC.Generic.Patcher-Flexlm targets (x86/x64 up to version 11.9.x)

Congratulation

mmlic3_verify() function is another protection implemented to target.
    I think, this is "only" consistency check of license text.
    Anyway you must also patch real flexnet ( certicom ) function - l_pubkey_verify().
    This is not changed from older version.

Have nice day!

I patched only the signature function and the l_pubkey_verify(). .....mmlic_verify use the function that checks signature and it gives the correct result as the main RSA check function is giving the correct response (so no need to patch I think) .This is after trying a lot of tasks. Correct me if I am wrong please.
    Last edited by pharmacist; 2014-12-28 at 02:19 AM

4. Thanks synkro thanked for this post
    Member Reputation: 159

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmacist View Post
    I patched only the signature function and the [COLOR=#333333]l_pubkey_verify(). .....mmlic_verify use the function that checks signature and it gives the correct result as the main RSA check function is giving the correct response (so no need to patch I think) ......
    Yes it is correct.

I'm sure if you replace real public key with known public key from your compiled daemon, with known lm_seeds 1-3, in all your target files and daemon,
    you can generate "real" license with your own compiled lmcrypt. This is another working method.

But you need Generic ECC pubkey replacer by tanker v1.70. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by darsy View Post
    Yes it is correct.

I'm sure if you replace real public key with known public key from your compiled daemon, with known lm_seeds 1-3, in all your target files and daemon,
    you can generate "real" license with your own compiled lmcrypt. This is another working method.

But you need Generic ECC pubkey replacer by tanker v1.70. ;-)

I think this deamon is packed......will check as it will be interesting to extract seeds out of it

I hope u can post a tut (translated one similar to peidy forum ) that explains the tanker method of ecc patching .....sometimes finding pubkey verify is not easy.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

x64 Linux version?

Member Reputation: 17

I think this deamon is packed......will check as it will be interesting to extract seeds out of it

I hope u can post a tut (translated one similar to peidy forum ) that explains the tanker method of ecc patching .....sometimes finding pubkey verify is not easy.

Yes I also would like to have a tutorial from somebody.Could you please (one of you) prepare one?

Finally I did it thanks man very much.
    Notes for anyone who loves RE
    1-lictest in utilities uses a wrapper (python one) to call lictest in mmshare (parameters can be obtained in olly by tracing)
    2-firing lictest in ida and look for function that calls pubkey and patch it to return eax=0
    3-patch pubkey verify
    4-find all files which have pubkey and flexlm sig and patch them using the same way

would you consider sharing it with us pls?

there are many tutorials for this everywhere....no one shares complete solutions (u have to try and prove that you have done something )
    woodman forum...reteam all of these forums have a lot of topics covering this....

there are many tutorials for this everywhere....no one shares complete solutions (u have to try and prove that you have done something )
    woodman forum...reteam all of these forums have a lot of topics covering this....
    yes but the thing is we ,the newbies, cannot download the attachments that explain how to do it
    Actually there are some people out there who share their work.I would not be asking you help if I could do something.
    Thanks anyway

12. Thanks nema thanked for this post