Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Huawie HSDPA CQI values higher than 30

Member Reputation: 68

Default Huawie HSDPA CQI values higher than 30

Hi gents,

As per my knowledge, the CQI value should range between 0 and 30, but in Huawei, the values are up to 35 !! Knowing that I have values in the counters for CQI values 31, 33, and 35 and zero in the 32 and 34 counters , and the max configuration we have is 3 carriers per cell..

Please support..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 341

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: Huawie HSDPA CQI values higher than 30

I hope this will usefull from Hed-ex :
    The preceding counters indicate the overall distribution of the channel quality. For each Channel Quality Indicators (CQI) value, the NodeB counts the number of CQIs received in a cell during a measurement period. The CQI values range from 0 to 35. For DC-HSDPA users, the counter will be counted in anchor and supplementary carrier separately. For non-64QAM users, the values of VS.CQI.0 to VS.CQI.30 correspond to the values of CQI0 to CQI30 reported by a UE. For 64QAM users, the values of VS.CQI.0 to VS.CQI.25 correspond to the values of reported CQI0 to CQI25; the value of VS.CQI.27 corresponds to the value of reported CQI26; the value of VS.CQI.29 corresponds to the value of reported CQI27; the value of VS.CQI.31 corresponds to the value of reported CQI28; the value of VS.CQI.33 corresponds to the value of reported CQI29; the value of VS.CQI.35 corresponds to the value of reported CQI30.

please do not forget to add reputation

Member Reputation: 68

Can you please let me know under which subjet in Hedex did you find this? I already searched in Hedex with no luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by Handover24 View Post
    I hope this will usefull from Hed-ex :
    The preceding counters indicate the overall distribution of the channel quality. For each Channel Quality Indicators (CQI) value, the NodeB counts the number of CQIs received in a cell during a measurement period. The CQI values range from 0 to 35. For DC-HSDPA users, the counter will be counted in anchor and supplementary carrier separately. For non-64QAM users, the values of VS.CQI.0 to VS.CQI.30 correspond to the values of CQI0 to CQI30 reported by a UE. For 64QAM users, the values of VS.CQI.0 to VS.CQI.25 correspond to the values of reported CQI0 to CQI25; the value of VS.CQI.27 corresponds to the value of reported CQI26; the value of VS.CQI.29 corresponds to the value of reported CQI27; the value of VS.CQI.31 corresponds to the value of reported CQI28; the value of VS.CQI.33 corresponds to the value of reported CQI29; the value of VS.CQI.35 corresponds to the value of reported CQI30.

Member Reputation: 172

these are NodeB level counters so check corresponding lib version of the nodeb type you have, for example "BTS3900 WCDMA_V200R013..hdx"

br
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by white_Noise View Post
    Can you please let me know under which subjet in Hedex did you find this? I already searched in Hedex with no luck..

Quote Originally Posted by agenov View Post
    these are NodeB level counters so check corresponding lib version of the nodeb type you have, for example "BTS3900 WCDMA_V200R013..hdx"

br
    alex
    but also RAN feature documentation