Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: CQI feedback periodicity

Member Reputation: 165

Default CQI feedback periodicity

Hi All,
    I was reading CQI reportting periodicity and its impact in LTE thuput trouble shooting. The concept I used from UMTS CQI. In huawei I modified feedback paramter. from 2 ms to 6 and 8 ms. I got some improvent in PS drop and accessibility. I want to correlate theory with observation. I chnged CQIFbCk and CQIFbCkforSHO for some cells of which some showed marked improvment. Can kindly someelse also trial it and share his findings ??

2. Thanks justdream thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 32

Default Re: CQI feedback periodicity

Hello,
    we tried to increase the CQI feedback timer in our network to 8ms as well and it gave good improvement in the Accessibility & Retainability KPIs for the highly loaded sites, as the new setting will decrease the periodicity of reporting the CQI value by the UE & hence it will reduce the Uplink interference levels (RTWP level). However this setting will affect the CQI values, we monitored an significant degradation in the average reported CQI values by the UE.

Member Reputation: 1068

Quote Originally Posted by romagdinio View Post
    Hello,
    we tried to increase the CQI feedback timer in our network to 8ms as well and it gave good improvement in the Accessibility & Retainability KPIs for the highly loaded sites, as the new setting will decrease the periodicity of reporting the CQI value by the UE & hence it will reduce the Uplink interference levels (RTWP level). However this setting will affect the CQI values, we monitored an significant degradation in the average reported CQI values by the UE.
    hi romagdinio, how much was the initial value, for some vendors like E******* its a system constant value ( default=10ms)..also d u use both periodic and aperiodic??

CQI (Channel Quality
    Indicator)

This provides an indication of the downlink channel quality and effectively
    identifies an optimum modulation and coding scheme for the eNB to use. There
    are various coding options for the CQI; Figure 2-124 illustrates the main CQI
    index.

CQI Index Modulation Code Rate x 1024 Efficiency
    0 out of range
    1 QPSK 78 0.1523
    2 QPSK 120 0.2344
    3 QPSK 193 0.3770
    4 QPSK 308 0.6016
    5 QPSK 449 0.8770
    6 QPSK 602 1.1758
    7 16QAM 378 1.4766
    8 16QAM 490 1.9141
    9 16QAM 616 2.4063
    10 64QAM 466 2.7305
    11 64QAM 567 3.3223
    12 64QAM 666 3.9023
    13 64QAM 772 4.5234
    14 64QAM 873 5.1152
    15 64QAM 948 5.5547

Feedback Reporting
    In order to optimize the system’s performance, the UE can provide various feedback information about the radio channel environment. LTE has various feedback reporting options which depend on the MIMO and eNB configuration. The reporting may consist of the following elements.

Member Reputation: 32

Hello Minto,
    The initial value was 2ms

Member Reputation: 165

Moh700ah: Please donot post irrelevant info we all know what us CQI

romagdinio: I agree with your observation we also found improvment. However low reported CQI affected any throughput ??

Member Reputation: 68

Quote Originally Posted by mobilink999 View Post
    Hi All,
    I was reading CQI reportting periodicity and its impact in LTE thuput trouble shooting. The concept I used from UMTS CQI. In huawei I modified feedback paramter. from 2 ms to 6 and 8 ms. I got some improvent in PS drop and accessibility. I want to correlate theory with observation. I chnged CQIFbCk and CQIFbCkforSHO for some cells of which some showed marked improvment. Can kindly someelse also trial it and share his findings ??
    Can you please share the MML command? is it in the Inner CFGMML? as I'm not able to find it in the CFGMML and not able to generate the cell command in the offline Web LMT !!

Member Reputation: 68

Hi All,
    Hi All,
    Can you please share the MML command? is it in the Inner CFGMML? as I'm not able to find it in the CFGMML and not able to generate the cell command in the offline Web LMT !!