Thanks Thanks:  2
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Where is the code in files for mapinfo 7

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default Where is the code in files for mapinfo 7

Hello guys Im a pretty new in MapInfo, and I have 4 files with the next Extensions.

*.ID
    *.IND
    *.MAP
    *.TAB

If im not wrong i thing tab has my data like csv, and in some point my information is drawed into map, but i dont know how map info now he hace to dwaw my data in triangules (i have colums with azimut(direction) and size in anglos for the triangule)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 306

Default Re: Where is the code in files for mapinfo 7

If there is only textual information with no graphic objects, then a minimum of two files is needed: *.TAB and *.DAT. Basic file set for viewing data and its graphic representation in vector form within Mapinfo Professional requires a minimum of four files, normally the *.TAB, *.MAP, *.DAT and *.ID

• .TAB (The ASCII file that is the link between all other files and holds information about the type of data set file )
    • .DAT (The file that stores the attribute data. This a dBase III DBF file).As an alternative to the *.DAT file, MapInfo Professional can use other data formats such as, *.TXT, *.XLS *.WK*, *.MDB (and for each Micosoft Access format the software also makes another small file). MapInfo Professional still creates a .TAB file that contains information about the data set file, and the user interacts with the TAB file only.

• .MAP (Stores the graphic and geographic information needed to display each vector feature on a map)
    • .ID (Stores information linking graphic data to the database information. This contains a 4-byte integer index into the MAP file for each feature).
    • .IND (Optional index file for tabular data. This is present if any columns are indexed).

For more, refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapInfo_TAB_format

I have the file also(i was hidden), but i understand mi files just have textual information but when i open with mapinfo in somepoint MapInfo show me all this textual information like a triangules, and I would like to know where i can see that conversiont

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan2908 View Post
    I have the file also(i was hidden), but i understand mi files just have textual information but when i open with mapinfo in somepoint MapInfo show me all this textual information like a triangules, and I would like to know where i can see that conversiont
    You can use mi to read it and convert by export function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You can use mi to read it and convert by export function.
    mi to ?? Where I can find it (I tried i google but not founded)

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan2908 View Post
    mi to ?? Where I can find it (I tried i google but not founded)
    Mi is Mapinfo.
    Sorry for my typing.