Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: EXPERTS : RAB SSR vs RRC SSR

Member Reputation: 68

Question EXPERTS : RAB SSR vs RRC SSR

Dears,

I have worked on two different networks, and the trend for the RAB and RRC Setup success rate and blocking were different, as one had the RRC has always less blocking and better SSR, where the other was the exact opposite, where the RAB blocking is less and the SSR is better.

I coulnd't find an exatc answer for this, but I think that the priority given to handovers over setting a new service up has to do with the better RAB SSR, while the relatively low resources needed for an RRC makes it less possible to get an RRC blocking.

I would appreciate your Inputs and feedback in this regard.

Please click thanks and add reputaion as I desperately need them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 44

Default Re: EXPERTS : RAB SSR vs RRC SSR

Quote Originally Posted by white_Noise View Post
    Dears,

I have worked on two different networks, and the trend for the RAB and RRC Setup success rate and blocking were different, as one had the RRC has always less blocking and better SSR, where the other was the exact opposite, where the RAB blocking is less and the SSR is better.

I coulnd't find an exatc answer for this, but I think that the priority given to handovers over setting a new service up has to do with the better RAB SSR, while the relatively low resources needed for an RRC makes it less possible to get an RRC blocking.

Not sure what exactly you mean but if you mean why is RRC worse than RAB, the answer is that they are 2 completely different processes. Also, the RAB only starts once the RRC ends, so the chances or success are much higher. Finally, RRC is used for registration and therefore, you can have high failure rates near RNC boundaries which tend to have poorer coverage. Hope that helps.....

Member Reputation: 68

Quote Originally Posted by jan74 View Post
    Not sure what exactly you mean but if you mean why is RRC worse than RAB, the answer is that they are 2 completely different processes. Also, the RAB only starts once the RRC ends, so the chances or success are much higher. Finally, RRC is used for registration and therefore, you can have high failure rates near RNC boundaries which tend to have poorer coverage. Hope that helps.....
    No Actually it didn't help, since you didn't understand the question and started explaining very basic principles that are well know to everyone,it was clear that I asking in terms of blocking, since the RRC consumes much less resources in most of the cases so in case of congestion, what you said doesn't apply

Member Reputation: 44

No Actually it didn't help, since you didn't understand the question and started explaining very basic principles that are well know to everyone,it was clear that I asking in terms of blocking, since the RRC consumes much less resources in most of the cases so in case of congestion, what you said doesn't apply
    Well maybe if you explained what your problem is a clear way, it would be easier to answer. You won't be getting a whole lot of reputations by getting into a huff when people try to help you.

Member Reputation: 172

Are these two networks from one and the same vendor? if yes compare the config files and see the difference.

BR

Dears,

VIP Member Reputation: 1791

Peace.. members..!!
    Auto_art Default PAS: london
    pl rate threads for their usefulnes
    share & care