monitoring GSM radio network performance via alarm and KPI, in depth
    analysis of reports and KPIs. You will work closely with the Managed
    Services and care teams for troubleshooting and Optimize the network
    performance to reach KPI target like CSSR, DCR, HOS etc and carry out
    parameter trials.
    You are registered on our database and I would like the opportunity to
    discuss these/this position/s with you in more detail. Please would
    you be so kind to update me on your current employment situation and
    if possible I would like to request an up to date CV.
    If you know of any friends or colleagues who may also be interested in
    these new opportunities then please advise me or please pass on my
    contact details.
    If this position is not suitable and you are actively seeking future
    employment then I will be happy to assist you.
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to read through this
    email and if you would prefer not to be contacted via email in the
    future, then please advise us and we will update our database
    accordingly.
    I look forward to speaking with you in the very near future.
    Kind Regards
    Jamie McGuire
    Senior Candidate Consultant
    Communications Division

Direct Dial: +44 (0) 208 254 7447
    Telephone: +44 (0)20 8647 3999
    Fax: +44 (0)20 8647 2777
    E-mail: jamiemcguire@pentaconsulting.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 390

Default 2G RF in Iran

I delete all my message as i think, this wasteful challenge is because of my notification message which was in helping and clarifying some details for our friend Kurdi; but i see a strange discussion has been started on it. your are professional ? ou have experience ? IT IS OBVIOUS that being familiar with the area, geographical status, distribution of population, the status of city buildings and densities, behavior of people in that are in using servics, beinh familiar with vendors and equipments is much important ; in both planning and optimization steps. any planner or optimizer get help in local info by getting support of customer care or local engineers at first to get good view AND surely being familiar with equipment and system version brings his speed much up. all i said that was, if some one is really professional, by putting some more times in his personal times, he can adopt himself with new technology, as always the KPIs become near to eachother and documents are useful and in hand. Nothing more.
    Why such challenge, go and think if you have any friend to introduce kurdi with his CV.

Exucseme if I speak rudely, some times we see some messages full of useful information !!!!
    Last edited by riverstreamer; 2009-02-16 at 11:53 AM Reason: I think guys should first reading he title of thread and then ...

Member Reputation: 304

@ riverstreamer,

As regards the vendor type not being important, I could agree with you to an extent....however take a look at this simple logic below;

Imagine you were driving in a mercedes benz and in a hurry for an appointment but it suddenly develops a fault but you had been used to driving and fixing Toyotas all ur life; now there's no doubt that perhaps after some time you would be able to detect where the faults comin from. Here's your equation below;
    SOLUTION= Time wastage(50%) + Miss appointment(70%)

However, for someone who's very conversant with Mercedes benz would have an equation as this below;
    SOLUTION= Time wastage(20%) + Miss appointment(50%)

Basically, i also agree with Kurdi's specs to an extent cause knowledge of said technology would make things faster(i.e allow the Optimizer to get to work immediately with good efficiency)

.........................my 2cents!

Member Reputation: 199

For RF planning i agree with you.
    but about optimization never. in optimization process up to the point of removing planning problems such as freq plan, neighbor plan (there is also some difference between vendors in neighbor definition) and also improving network coverage by tunning hardware parameters, vendor is not much important .

But as long as you start trying tuning network, vendor spec awarness is 100% required ( HO algorithm, mostly used parameters ,vendor limitation , and of course vendor specific FEATURES)

Ali

@ alibushehri

Pardon me but are u against or for my post....anyway for optimization i put it to you that vendor awareness required can't be 100% caus all you need to do is go through the parameters to know what they do and thats it......

The challenge for me is getting used to the parameters which only takes a short while if you are a good optimizer.

Member Reputation: 199

Quote Originally Posted by Processor View Post
    @ alibushehri

Pardon me but are u against or for my post....anyway for optimization i put it to you that vendor awareness required can't be 100% caus all you need to do is go through the parameters to know what they do and thats it......

The challenge for me is getting used to the parameters which only takes a short while if you are a good optimizer.
    Dear Processor. I m not against any post, what we are doing here is just scrap of point of views . if i gonna continue , i just said , in some cases parameters are like each other for different vendors, but the question is do they all have the same affect on the system.

Other thing, HO algorithm is different for each vendor, so we as an optimiztor must be knowledgeable of it. and what about features , i never agreed with you and riverstream in this case !

@ alibushehri,

I'm not gonna push my views any further although ur HO algorithm is a valid point cause i know for instance that ******** HO algorithm is quite different from Alcatel's but i guess after all said and done its your quickness and ability to adapt/learn.

So my friend what platform do u work on and what others have u worked on previously.