Thanks Thanks:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: OSC (Orthogonal Sub Channel)

Member Reputation: 71

Default Re: OSC (Orthogonal Sub Channel)

Quote Originally Posted by visible View Post
    1.Make sure AMR HR,AMR Packing and unpacking features are activated.

2.BTS-should be running EX 4.0 software,for Flexi EDGE BTSs,/
    Multi Radio

3.Select congested Cells/site

4.Check E1,for free timeslots

5.Create CS DAP(same as EDAP) you can create up 4 CS DAPs

6.Attach the CS DAP to BCF

7.Set AFRU 60%, AFRL to say 50%

8.Now activate the OSC by changing DHRLIM from 0 to less or equal to AFRL -in this case 50%

Check OSC traffic from ZEEI.

Also check OSC stats.
    @Visible,
    Can you please tell which are the licenses required for activating OSC & how many maximum calls can be supported in a BSC??

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Hi Parsarka,

The Licenses required are

OSC Half Rate with SAIC MS
    CSDAP
    SAIC
    OSC HR Capacity License

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please add to my reputation.
    Thanks!

Member Reputation: 322

experts do tell the way to calculate number of CSDAP timeslots required for OSC if site configuration is 4/4/4 with 1 BCCH and 2 SDCCH TSL deifined on each cell and FR = 60% HR = 20% OSC = 20%.......becuase currently I am just doing in a short manual way

Total E1 Timeslots = 12 * (2.5) = 30 --> 30 - EDAP Timeslots = configure rest as CSDAP Timelsots......

Member Reputation: 53

Usama,

How many E1s u have?i assume u have 2---to 3 E1s.
    Configure 4 CSDAPs each with 4 E1 timelsots.this means that 16 timeslot of ur E1 will be used for CSDAP.
    Its important to configure many CSDAPs as up to 4,,because when there is error or any problem to that CSDAP,,no calls will be allowed to that CSDAP till after 90sec.during this time,calls will still be tried to another CSDAP.But if u have only one CSDAP,smaller/big no OSC calls will be allowed....

Thanks Visible yeah I already have created 2 CSDAP as I have eonough space on the E1s.....taking out both TCH/Signalling/EDAP TSLs on Abis.....but was asking how to come with number of Timeslots required by OSC for CSDAP....i mean can anyone explain the calcualtion done in below figure in which the person has calculated number of TSLs required for 20% OSC.....thanksAttachment 28589

ok did the OSC trial not working very well only 1.5% OSC traffic share with degradation in DCR was thinking about activating MCPA wuth OSC to increase number of possible candidates???any suggestion (in addition was thinking of reverse engineering for CSDAP TSLs i mean to if there are no CSDAP failres and 1Erl OSC traffic is being carried how many TSLs would be required on Abis....is the correct way????

Member Reputation: 53

Quote Originally Posted by usama0795 View Post
    ok did the OSC trial not working very well only 1.5% OSC traffic share with degradation in DCR was thinking about activating MCPA wuth OSC to increase number of possible candidates???any suggestion (in addition was thinking of reverse engineering for CSDAP TSLs i mean to if there are no CSDAP failres and 1Erl OSC traffic is being carried how many TSLs would be required on Abis....is the correct way????
    Dear Usama,

What is your current settings?like AFRU,AFRL and DHRLIM??should me very aggressive to have more OSC traffic,also u need to limit the Double half rate calls to switch back to AMR FR/HL,set this interms of quality.Be sure that congested cell is selected for OSC and that the BCSU in which this cell is connected,is not full(meaning the number of TRXs connected to the BCSU in question must be at least 80%).
    If 1 BCSU support-500TRXs,then should have less than 460 TRXs inorder for OSC to work.

You could get at least 10erlangs,if the SAIC penetration is high and that the cell is realy congested.

However,generaly the feature is not so effective as before osc call,Ues must pair interms of radio conditions,as far as i know this pairing is not that effective.

Hi thnak visible.....i m currently getting 5 Erlang with OSC which is 1.5% of total traffic carried and i m using b/m setting at busy hour.....and i checked BSCU is not overloaded......

Attachment 28770

i also heard about this another feature in which u can assign 2 Full Rate calls to one timeslot any clue????

Member Reputation: 99

Anteena hoping need to switch off?