Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: PCH Load

Junior Member Reputation: 6

Default PCH Load

Hi guys, anyone knows how to get the PCH load from E//, what is the formula and counters?

Thanks
    Knowledge is the true organ of sight, not the eyes. Kindly give me reputations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 14

Default Re: PCH Load

Hi Spider,
    I can't provide you with the eaxact formula and counter names now, but I would advice you to look at the MSC (MGW) counters, there must be a series of counters related to the paging performance, if I remember correctly their names start with NPAG**** or something like this. There are generally many types of paging events to be assessed through these counters, and most of them would be in the form succ/att or fail/att for Success Rate or Failure Rate respectively. I will look for some docs, and I will post them if found.

I hope this helps.

Chefo.

Actually, from Core perspective it's ok i have the counters but we have low paging SR near 78% for the 1st paging and i want to evaluate the PCH load in order to investigate this issue.

check these RNC counters:
    pmCnInitPagingToldleUe
    pmCnInitPagingToldleUeLa
    pmCnInitPagingToldleUeRa
    pmCnInitPagingToUraUe
    pmNoPageDiscardCmpLoadC
    pmNoPagingAttemptCnInitDcch
    pmNoPagingAttemptUtranRejected
    pmUtranInitPagingToUraUe
    pmNoPagingType1Attempt
    pmNoPagingType1AttemptCs
    pmNoPagingType1AttemptPs

From counters i see some pmNoPagingAttemptUtranRejected but zero for pmNoPageDiscardCmpLoadC and PS paging is near 150 Millions/hour which is quite huge, any idea how to increase the paging SR?

as a beginning you could re-assess your RA plan, perhaps you have your Routing Areas too big?

Actually we have 4 RA in one LAC and don't believe that the RAs are so big, actually the problem comes from PS paging which is quite high, no rejects due to MP load, timers on MSS and SGSN level seems also to be ok!