Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: GPRS Multiple measurements for single cell

Member Reputation: 16

Default GPRS Multiple measurements for single cell

Gents,

I'm a PM newbie and suffering with funny challenge.
    If I analyze the counters for mobility management (e.g. SUCC_GPRS_ATTACH,FAIL_GPRS_ATTACH, SUCC_INTER_SGSN_RA_UPDAT) in metrica, I can see multiple measurements appearing for one cell in one day/hour. After closer look I can see that PAPUID is different. So looks like cell is "attached" to different PAPU's during the day causing one measurement per PAPU. How its possible, that cell is connected to more PAPU's during the day? Is this behavior normal? Is there any way to combine the measurements for one cell into one measurement?
    The PAPU conf model used is : 3.

thanx a lot

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: GPRS Multiple measurements for single cell

Hmmmmm, no one can help me? I'm newbie, so maybe the question is not correctly formed, or...?

Member Reputation: 238

Hi

A cell will be assigned with a single PAPU,is PAPU pooling enabled Which SGSN are u using

Regards
    Plannerguy

Quote Originally Posted by plannerguy View Post
    Hi

A cell will be assigned with a single PAPU,is PAPU pooling enabled Which SGSN are u using

Regards
    Plannerguy
    Hi there,

Hmm, would you mind to help me how to find out if pooling is enabled and which SGSN we are using? The point is I have limited access to equipment, only I know for the moment is it is NOKIA SGSN and it is using model 3 (Distributed RA) for PAPU configuration.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by taiko View Post
    Hi there,

Hmm, would you mind to help me how to find out if pooling is enabled and which SGSN we are using? The point is I have limited access to equipment, only I know for the moment is it is NOKIA SGSN and it is using model 3 (Distributed RA) for PAPU configuration.
    Hi,

Juste issue this command ZFWI:PGI=:; on the MML CLI to check whether PAPU "pooling" (NSN calls it PAPU grouping) is activated. Several PAPU group can coexists on the same NE. There is also several mode of PAPU group behaviour.

HTH