Thanks Thanks:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: NEMO vs. TEMS

Senior Member Reputation: 591

Default NEMO vs. TEMS

Members, I am in the process of procuring a drive test tool for my unit. I am considering NEMO or TEMS. I request members to provide a comparison, detailing their merits and limitations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 211

Default Re: NEMO vs. TEMS

brother

nemo is better than tems.

please add reps if this one helps.

BannedUser Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by firstmaxim View Post
    Members, I am in the process of procuring a drive test tool for my unit. I am considering NEMO or TEMS. I request members to provide a comparison, detailing their merits and limitations.

It is same as if you ask which brand of cars is better BMW or Mercedes ?, both are good but customer decides which one is for him.

Member Reputation: 211

but for me sir, tems has a lot of bug then nemo

BannedUser Reputation: 245

what bug? if you are using poorly cr..d tems then no wonder it is not good, but if it is original or professionaly done, then it works 100% ok

regards

BannedUser-MultiAccounts Reputation: 134

Both NEMO and TEMS are good. When you driving test MOS, They usually use NENO. But NEMO have some disadvantage. NEMO is configured harder than TEMS. Usually have problem with cable connect from Box to Mobile and from Box to PC. This is some information.
    BR,

Senior Member Reputation: 591

Just stating that nemo is better than tems does not help. I am looking at a comparative study listing their performance. One can see comparisons between Galaxy, iphone and HTC fill the net, inspite of so called 'user preferences'.

Member Reputation: 684

Dear firstmaxim,

It is unlikely that you will find any comparison of these products like if they were smart phones.

You should look for some things when you buy the DT Equipment:

1. Price of the DT software
    2. Price of the equipment
    3. Software update policy (e.g. based on annual support payment with Nemo)
    4. Connectable EQ (if you have some existing EQ)
    5. Number of connectable devices.
    6. Voice quality tests (PESQ or other algorithm) and their cost. (e.g. for future expansion)
    6. Package dial with post processing software (Nemo Analyze or TEMS Discovery).
    7. Last but not least: LTE capability - sooner or later you will need it.

There are news about TEMS Investigation 14 release. No one can tell what are the new things there, but you can contact their sales department of course. Reading the release notes and some brochures can help you understand what these products can offer. A quick check of the manuals can be useful too.

My experience is with TEMS 12.0.x versions and the main thing is that it required a lot of processing power. A lot more compared to the same DT configuration with the newest Nemo. From Ascom's release notes of the future versions (13.x) claim that this is fixed but I can't comment on that.

I hope this helped a little.

BR,
    Rooster[BG]

Quote Originally Posted by firstmaxim View Post
    Just stating that nemo is better than tems does not help. I am looking at a comparative study listing their performance. One can see comparisons between Galaxy, iphone and HTC fill the net, inspite of so called 'user preferences'.

Member Reputation: 461

Dear,

Just to emphasize on Rooster[BG] message,

1. for speech quality, NEMO is requiring a licence, Tems does include the SQI measurments for the same purpose.

Regards,

Junior Member Reputation: 10

From my opinion Tems tend to be more focused and compatible with E******* equipment. Nemo is more friendly with DT Engineers from the organisation point of view and also more stable and compatible with different UE and Scanner vendors. They both do the same tasks depending on the type of licence you have. If you will work with E*******'s UE and probably Tems Discovery, it will be more convenient to go for Tems. Otherwise I personally recommend Nemo.

Cheers