Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: F1=F2 Startegy - Urgent Answer Needed

Member Reputation: 54

Default F1=F2 Startegy - Urgent Answer Needed

Hi Experts,

Normally what i have seen different network startegies as

F1 : R99 & Speech
    F2 : HS (Cell reserved)

In contrast to this, if we remove cell reserved from F2 and open both carrier what are the possible benefits and drawbacks? I will really appreciate if you write commets in favour of this strategy.

I need it urgently as we have to answer our customer.

BR//
    Imran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 416

Default Re: F1=F2 Startegy - Urgent Answer Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Imran Rafique View Post
    Hi Experts,

Normally what i have seen different network startegies as

F1 : R99 & Speech
    F2 : HS (Cell reserved)

In contrast to this, if we remove cell reserved from F2 and open both carrier what are the possible benefits and drawbacks? I will really appreciate if you write commets in favour of this strategy.

I need it urgently as we have to answer our customer.

BR//
    Imran
    It is a question of capacity.
    If you need it, do it. If you do not, then ....
    You need HSPA on both to run DC, of course.

There is plenty of small details considering multirab, EcNo distribution etc, but they are managable.

BR
    s52d

Member Reputation: 54

I have a question here, we have load balancing feature for HS, speech, R99. What is the real benefit for opening 2nd Carrier.

BR//
    Imran

Member Reputation: 43

Hi,
    as I good understood you want R99+HS on both carriers.
    In this case the benefit is generally double capacity - eg 30 (in real 28) HSDPA codes and double number of user (depends on licenses). Real benefits you can achive, depends on the customer needs in conjunction with real traffic distribution (utilization, congestion, shortages etc). You can shape the traffic by an adequate parametrization to fulfil customer expectations.
    For one customer benefit can be congestion reduction, for other throughput increase etc.
    In my network I use this strategy and it works very well - got rid of problems with admission&congestion, throughput increased, additionally switched on load sharing between carriers to distribute traffic equally.

Best regards
    Fantominox

Don't forget add R and thx.

Member Reputation: 28

With 2nd and 3rd carrier and so on, the cell congestion is reduced, it will be reflected in lower PS Accessibility rate and sometimes, PS/HS Drop-rates as well (as some data rejections can be pegged additionally as drops). If the customer purchase appropriate features like HS-dual carrier data, they can have dual-HSPA data running on 2 carriers, and 1 additional carriers for voice (in case of 3 carriers...that should be at least the number of carriers, one needs to operate decently as operator). If you monitor your network, you can see improvement when you add the additional carrier, but remember to check the RAX number and CE license that you purchase from the equipment vendor too.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

We are experiencing heavy congestion in WCDMA (channel elements and downlink channelization codes) more in the access many RRC connection blocks/failures.
    The way we have configured is WDCMA for data mainly HSPA+, HSDPA, PS-R99 and do a direct retry from WCDMA to GSM for voice calls. Our immediate plans are to expand Channel Elements and add some sectors but also considering the second carrier.
    What I want to know is what is the most effective configuration for the 2nd carrier option on each carrier.
    I believe one will be the preferred carrier for reselection and idle mode.
    The voice calls will maybe still redirected (direct-retry) to 2G, PS-R99 in the same carrier.
    And maybe HSPA+ and HSDPA (all HS) on the 2nd carrier.

Any recommendations or different configurations you have tried ?

Senior Member Reputation: 591

This discussion on R99 voice on a one carrier, and PS data on another carrier running HSPA takes a different hue, with the introduction of HSPA+ in the later releases: with the option of CS over HSPA carrier.

Member Reputation: 295

In addition what Fantominox said you can double your HSPA traffic (don't forget about EUL and UL RSSI capacity). Using features like IFLS and HCS you can then shift HSPA traffic to second carreir in order to have more clear Ec/No on first carrier. Thus you can serve more customers coming from GSM and have again more HSPA traffic than in case when you have just equal HSPA traffic on both carriers.

Member Reputation: 37

I would advise free camping, enabling both HS & R99 on both carrier (f1 and f2).
    The less you use fancy features, the less pain. Obviously you will need to consider shifting traffic from f2 to f1 at the f2 boundary (in case you don't have a full overlay of f2 on top of f1).

This way you will minimize idle mode reselection, and HO.
    Example : a UE is having data session on f2 (wich is HS only cell reserved). The UE is receiving a CS call, you will then need to perform a HO to F1.
    Rule of thumb, the less you move a UE between Tech & Freq, you better your overall stats will look...

Member Reputation: 78

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

You may need to compare between

1. Free camping - better avg. Cell TP
    2. Prefer carrier - better avg. User TP (in case less HSPA users)

The other reasons I could imagine are
    1. Free camping you may pain in high RTWP both carriers as they are always use full power on HSPA
    2. Free camping you may got load balance between both carriers
    3. Prefer carrier you may get use of 1st carrier in idle mode having better Ec/No than 2nd carrier
    4. Prefer carrier you may found problem for service steering which is blind HO to force from one to another

Hope it could help you to start from nothing