Thanks Thanks:  3
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New Huawei datacards with Huawei chipset instead of Qualcomm

Junior Member Reputation: 12

Default New Huawei datacards with Huawei chipset instead of Qualcomm

Hello,

I just got a Huawei E353 USB modem that seems to have Huawei chipset instead of the usual Qualcomm.
    It seems that there are two versions of the same modem, one with QualComm chipset and another with Huawei.
    In the first case, when you use the GETPORTMODE AT command you get this:

^getportmode:type:WCDMA:Qualcomm,MDM:0,NDIS:1,DIAG:2,PCUI:3

In my case I get this:
    ^GETPORTMODE: TYPE: WCDMA: huawei,MDM:0,NDIS:1,DIAG:2,PCUI:3,CDROM:4,SD:5

My problem is that I cannot use QXDM to connect to the huawei-chipset version.
    I think that Huawei started copying qualcomm chips and they have maybe changed the diagnostic interface.

Any information on this?
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 72

Default Re: New Huawei datacards with Huawei chipset instead of Qualcomm

hey man, please share how to use the AT Commands on modems? Are you doing in CMD or using other Terminal Program?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

I am using Hiperterminal.
    Just connect to the AT port and send commands. You can type ATZ to enable echo.
    Huawei AT commands are in the form: AT^COMMAND instead of the usual AT+COMMAND
    You can find hundreds of command in google.

You can see some examples here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/2996...353-3g-dongle/

I forgot to say that AT port is one of the COM ports. I think you can find out what COM is the right one by searching in the Windows device manager but what I do is just try to connect to the available COM ports until one of them responses with OK to ATZ.

Member Reputation: 28

for huawei datacard, the com port labeled with 3G PC UI Interface is what your want.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartofromhell View Post
    I forgot to say that AT port is one of the COM ports. I think you can find out what COM is the right one by searching in the Windows device manager but what I do is just try to connect to the available COM ports until one of them responses with OK to ATZ.

Yes, jackkarpar. You're right.
    As for the Huawei chipset issue, I think their are introducing very slowly the modems with huawei chipset to tetst them in production. These modems are the exact models that they send with Qualcomm but they just change the chipset. I guess they are trying to get rid of Qualcomm. I have one of them as I said in the first post. If anyone wants to know anything more in detail about this "rare" version of the E353 just ask me.
    As for me, I'm just trying to find out how to access to the diagnostic port with QXDM. With my rare version is not possible because I supposed that huawei has changed the diagnostic protocol.

By the way. I post this message in this forum section because I thought it was for newcomers. If any administrator want to please move it to another more important section so it has more visibility...

Thanks.