Thanks Thanks:  8
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Low IRAT success rate due to Relocation Failure in Target CN/RNC or Target System

Member Reputation: 16

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Low IRAT success rate due to Relocation Failure in Target CN/RNC or Target System

Hi all,

I am facing a problem low IRAT SR, found many fail due to Relocation Failure in Target CN/RNC or Target System.
    The counter is IRATHO.FailRelocPrepOutCS.TgtFail and i have no idea where the problem come from. I also found fail with SEMATIC ERROR reason.
    Is it parameter in MSC or BSC? just for information. MSC and BSC using other vendor.

Thank You

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 23

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Default Re: Low IRAT success rate due to Relocation Failure in Target CN/RNC or Target System

Hi,

I found similar case, may be the root cause is same with yours
    RELOC FAIL IN TARGET CN RNC OR TARGET SYS => AMR activation on 2G MSC
    SEMATIC ERROR => No 2G Cells Information Configured in 3G MSC, there is possibility LAC/CI changing in 2G side which not update/register yet in 3G MSC.

Here is the document for more detail.
    Low CS Inter-RAT -semantic error - fail in target CN RNC or target system.rar

Thanks

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: Low IRAT success rate due to Relocation Failure in Target CN/RNC or Target System

I found IRAT preparation fail duo to No Resource Available, is it congestion/blocking in 2G due to high traffic?

Member Reputation: 101

Quote Originally Posted by rjcell View Post
    I found IRAT preparation fail duo to No Resource Available, is it congestion/blocking in 2G due to high traffic?
    yeap this is the case, when targte BSC cannot alocate a TCH at target cell

Member Reputation: 555

Hi Igot the same issue, but this problem appear suddenly from 95% to 20%, i guess there was MSS Activity.
    I checked the LAC creation and DPC OPC of the BSC, mostly correct but i found some LAC have issue, but lets seethe result after correcting this issue.

Member Reputation: 555

Hi I Just got finding that definition of 2G Cell ID in 3G was wrong so it gave wrong destination, and in CN it generate unknown Cell.

so you need to check the consistency inlcuding the cell id