Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: How to check UE is loacked to 2G from logfiles.

Junior Member Reputation: 12

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default How to check UE is loacked to 2G from logfiles.

Could any one give me the solution for the below queries-

1. How to check from drive test logfiles that the UE was locked to 2G where both 2G & 3G exist & UE supports both?
    2. If it is to check from L3 messages, please provide the detail for that.

Thanks & Best regards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 18

Default Re: How to check UE is loacked to 2G from logfiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Matulpagla View Post

1. How to check from drive test logfiles that the UE was locked to 2G where both 2G & 3G exist & UE supports both?

Thanks & Best regards.

you can check: rrc connection setup complete including :

ue-MultiModeRAT-Capability {
    multiRAT-CapabilityList {
    supportOfGSM TRUE,
    supportOfMulticarrier TRUE

is OK?

Quote Originally Posted by YANG SONG View Post
    you can check: rrc connection setup complete including :

ue-MultiModeRAT-Capability {
    multiRAT-CapabilityList {
    supportOfGSM TRUE,
    supportOfMulticarrier TRUE

is OK?
    Thanks for your quick reply.

But in my case the UE was alway in 2G. So how can I check that UE was camped on 2G because of locking or due to network configuration?

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply.

But in my case the UE was alway in 2G. So how can I check that UE was camped on 2G because of locking or due to network configuration?

Thanks
    You'd better to check the parameters of 2G(GSM to WCDMA Reselect)if you are sure that all the ue was alway in 2G !!!!!!

Another case ,check the parameters :

sSearchRatGsm
    qQualmin

if the ue always mearment GSM ,ue will reselect to the GSM!

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

Hi, one way to find out is to look at either the ATTACH REQUEST or ROUTING AREA UPDATE REQUEST message. In these two the UE lists its capabilities and if it supports UMTS it will indicate as such (see attached). Hopefully your log files have captured one of these two messages..

RAU or ATTACH.jpg

Thanks Wolverin,

I can't see the attachment because I don't have previlage for that. Is there any other way to get the information.

Thanks.

Thanks & Best regards.
    what do you want to do? you'd better to provide the detailed information,so far i don't know what u want to do? if you only want't to check the UE support GSM or 3G,Why don't you watch phone Settings? only GSM;only UMTS or all. ask to baidu for some helps.

if it is network configuration, all the ue will loacation to GSM,not only you telenphone,is Right?

sorry My English is poor.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YANG SONG View Post
    what do you want to do? you'd better to provide the detailed information,so far i don't know what u want to do? if you only want't to check the UE support GSM or 3G,Why don't you watch phone Settings? only GSM;only UMTS or all. ask to baidu for some helps.

if it is network configuration, all the ue will loacation to GSM,not only you telenphone,is Right?

sorry My English is poor.

thanks
    Hi Yang Song,
    Thanks for your query. if you go through the following paragraph then you might understand the situation better-

Actually we did a drive test where the UE/Mobile supposed to be using 2G & 3G (in Auto mode). Afterwards while we are checking the logfile we are seeing that the mobile was always on 2G. So there might be two thing that could have happened during the drive testing, 1. Mobile was locked to 2G by mistake of the engineer 2. Network setting didnot not allow the mobile to use 3G. Now I want to find out the actual cause. Does it make sense now?

Thanks

Hi Yang Song,
    Thanks for your query. if you go through the following paragraph then you might understand the situation better-

Actually we did a drive test where the UE/Mobile supposed to be using 2G & 3G (in Auto mode). Afterwards while we are checking the logfile we are seeing that the mobile was always on 2G. So there might be two thing that could have happened during the drive testing, 1. Mobile was locked to 2G by mistake of the engineer 2. Network setting didnot not allow the mobile to use 3G. Now I want to find out the actual cause. Does it make sense now?

Thanks
    ok

First you must to sure that the ue was't locked to 2G, i have no good way, maybe you can ask for help to the engineers who did the drive test.
    Second, if the ue in auto mode , you can change the ue to test again as before, or you can first lock the ue in 2G , then in auto mode (u must sure the 3G have good Radio ) , watching the ue can reselect to 3G? may be the ue doesn't work properly.......

if the ue reselect to 3G, this meas the network set ok,but when the drive test ,there is no time to reselect to 3g before the next call. you can chek the measurement parameters of 2G and 3G. let the ue quickly to reselection happen,

If there is any problem can reply directly thanks

Junior Member Reputation: 11

just see in layer3, if have RRC it mean in 3G, and if any handover from UTRAN during dedicated it mean dual mode