Thanks Thanks:  36
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Showing results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: E******* Feature of fast return to WCDMA

Member Reputation: 75

Default Re: E******* Feature of fast return to WCDMA

Hi All,

I've seen that this thread has enough time open and the subject is still interesting and I just wanted to make clear one thing about this feature.

People use to think that Fast Return to WCDMA redirect the MS to a UMTS Cell, which is not the case. The BSC does not indicate any individual WCDMA cell but only indicates the frequency number(s), the UARFCN(s). The BSC will only request the mobile to select a frequency reported by the mobile in the measurement report (in case of having Active UTRAN Measurement Frequency List) or select a frequency included from the Idle UTRAN Measurement Frequency List.

That means that QSC could be configured to 15 (never measure UTRAN on Active Mode) but QSI must remain on a different value than 15 (never measure UTRAN on Idle Mode). In my personal opinion, is better to have configured just UTRAN Idle Mode List because in the other way around you would have to wait until MS make measurement while being in Active Mode (assuming you just need at least Cell Reslection to WCDMA configured in your network and you can deactivate IRAT from GSM to WCDMA; if you have both configured, of course this feature would work as well).

I hope this serve to anyone out there having doubts about it.

Best regards,

Jc
    Last edited by JCarlos21; 2014-10-17 at 03:43 PM Reason: adding info.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hi,
    What is the feature to be activated for fast return to LTE after CS release (E******* is the vendor)?
    Thanks in advance for the support.

Member Reputation: 54

Release-with-Redirect to LTE feature (FAJ 121 2174)

here it is pre-req
    LTE Cell Reselection (FAJ 121 1474)

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Thanks a lot.....Can you also help me with the feature for enabling MTRF in LTE?..........thanks in advance for the support