Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Showing results 71 to 80 of 96

Thread: E******* Mini Link Craft 1.1

Member Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by ofca View Post
    After short RTFM session I was much smarter, and disabling it made the problem go away.
    Swapping E/// equipment makes even more problems go away...

Member Reputation: 74

What kind of problems? All problems so far came from lack of my experience/knowledge - should I expect something? Please share your experiences with E///.

Member Reputation: 24

As far as I know E// products are the best for me to handle. I've worked with minilink-C (very few wrorking now), minilink-E and now TN. These last ones are a bit problematic with some disconfiguration issues when changing parts. It's just having to backup all config and cross connections before touching anything...

Well now vodafone are putting some huawei RTN's in the network her in spain. Let's see...

my first impression is - it's very hard to cut yourself off while working on a live link. I did some daring things last few days and didn't manage to do anything I would permanently regret. Still, I'm fresh to TN, and don't have much experience with other products, so I would very much like to hear what others have to say on the topic.

Member Reputation: 261

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Feriko View Post
    As far as I know E// products are the best for me to handle. I've worked with minilink-C (very few wrorking now), minilink-E and now TN. These last ones are a bit problematic with some disconfiguration issues when changing parts. It's just having to backup all config and cross connections before touching anything...

Well now vodafone are putting some huawei RTN's in the network her in spain. Let's see...
    ML-C & E are products for newbies, this equipment is easy to use & easy to understand. But the TN is very difficult, many software releases and hardware releases makes your live hard. Don`t forget this many bugs which are included in TN
    btw...huawei is the global winner of the vodafone rfq...we will see what happend with the good vodafone network quality

my first impression is - it's very hard to cut yourself off while working on a live link. I did some daring things last few days and didn't manage to do anything I would permanently regret. Still, I'm fresh to TN, and don't have much experience with other products, so I would very much like to hear what others have to say on the topic.
    yu are new to TN and have not experience with other vendors...please tell me, wat kind of transmission you need, e.g pdh , sdh or ethernet?
    Maybe then we can discuss about any vendors, like NERA,E*******,Ceragon,Huawei,Stratex...and so on.

P.S. What SW-Release do you use in ML-TN @ ofca? I observed, that 4.2FP have any problems in configuration with ethernet traffic over pdh if you use units like ETU3 and LTU12.

Regards,

CR

I'm mainly using TNs for ethernet transmission - with ethernet switch, however I'm also transporting E1 interfaces over wireless. BTW. Do you have R4.3.1 release notes yet?
    As to the SW release, I think it's R4.2 - how can I reliably verify this?

Member Reputation: 43

I'm mainly using TNs for ethernet transmission - with ethernet switch, however I'm also transporting E1 interfaces over wireless. BTW. Do you have R4.3.1 release notes yet?
    As to the SW release, I think it's R4.2 - how can I reliably verify this?
    TN is the way to go for Ethernet transmission. I also used switches and ETH modules on the previous E******* products and transmitted Ethernet over E1, but it's not efficient...

Member Reputation: 261

Quote Originally Posted by theharmonick View Post
    TN is the way to go for Ethernet transmission. I also used switches and ETH modules on the previous E******* products and transmitted Ethernet over E1, but it's not efficient...
    In my opinion is TN not the way to go for Ethernet traffic. Dor Ethernet transmission i use the IP10 from Ceragon. IP10 have a nodal function and less of software releases / license keys
    The TN i use for PDH transmission, but for SDH i use 1500R from Ceragon because Ceragon have a HighPower RFU for lower frequencies which support XPIC in 6,8Ghz / 40Mhz channel spacing. TN doesn`t support XPIC in 40mhz channels. Only in 128 QAM / 28 mhz channels.

If you want to verify the current software baseline you can look under software upgrade the current NPU baseline package and under "View modules" you can see the current modul software. Or you save a report in *.htm file and open it with web browser. Then you can see the current config and sw revision.
    To compare the running sw with a SBL please download this document.

If you have any questions, pls ask !

Member Reputation: 278

Speaking of ethernet transmission over mw radio, does anyone know how many traffic queues does TN have for QoS?
    Most of the vendors have four traffic queues for 8 classes of service with fair or strict queueing, but I recently saw a request for eight. And I haven't seen any radio that supports it.

Thanks for the file. It seems that thanks to you and itsartur, I'm running at 4.2FP now.

Members who have read this thread: 1